Model S

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Terrible Customer Support and Service Interface

2»

Comments

• That’s why TSLA and SpaceX trade turns being the #1 and #2 most coveted employers.

The rest are just sore that millions of dollars slipped through their investing thesis.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > That’s why TSLA and SpaceX trade turns being the #1 and #2 most coveted employers.
    >
    > The rest are just sore that millions of dollars slipped through their investing thesis.

That doesn't mean that Musk gives a shit. They pay well so the employees are happy. That has nothing to do with poor customer service.
  • Or he turns a blind eye to it in the name of cost savings...
  • That could also be true Aerodyne. Same results
  • Here is another horrible service experience. Scheduled an appt for 12-9 for my 17 MS daughterboard replacement since I got a message on my screen saying storage device had been degraded. Dropped off my car at 8:30 and 10:30 i got a message saying car is ready for pick up. I thought that was lightning fast for the work that had to be done. So I texted to make sure that daughterboard was replaced and got a reply it wasn't. All they did was diagnosis and it indeed needed to be replaced, and now the part needs to be ordered. They will contact me back.
    I'm sorry but there was no diagnosis needed the message was there. and even if they had to do the diagnosis why couldn't someone make sure the part is in stock. Specially because i live 45minutes away, in the time of covid i took uber to get home just to find out they couldn't even finish the job.
    When i expressed my frustration all i got is "Vehicle came in for diagnosis which we did. we will have you come back once the part is in. Vehicle is parked out front for self pickup".
  • Maybe you should have asked if car was in for replacement or for diagnostics and don't assume on your own what would happen.
  • When you get a message saying "center display storage device degraded", it's pretty clear that it needs to be replaced. they can do the diagnosis if they want. All i am saying is they know the outcome would be replacing the part and if they didn't have the part in stock they should've told me.
  • Disagree
  • You assuming too much Patel.
  • I guess i won't from now on would i?
  • @kpatel: So, if you get a low tire pressure alert, do you assume that Tesla knows the exact reason the tire pressure is low? Maybe it's cold conditions. Maybe it's a bad sensor. Maybe a valve issue. Maybe a nail in the tire. They needed to see the car to diagnose the problem, and they now know. Be happy. They have the solution. How many of us have been to an ICE dealer to fix a problem and all they do is throw parts at it until it is "fixed".
  • > @kpatel_anand_98713112 said:
    > When you get a message saying "center display storage device degraded", it's pretty clear that it needs to be replaced. they can do the diagnosis if they want. All i am saying is they know the outcome would be replacing the part and if they didn't have the part in stock they should've told me.

You can't assume the screen is failing. You can have connector issues also as an example. There are a slew of issues that can cause messages to pop up.

I do agree that since you have a long drive back and forth, they should have informed you that you are in for a diagnostics to determine the issue. And also inform you that if they determine they don't have the parts to fix the issue that day, you would have to take the car with you until they have the parts.

Service (IMO) has no respect for your time. Most have worked for other service centers and can't seem to understand the fact that you don't live around the corner from a Tesla Service Center.
  • And also? Hmm