General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Volkswagen's ID.3 Triumphs European EV Sales in October

Comments

• I do like the ID3 as it is the real volkswagen of EV’s.
  • So VW have lied about expected mileage then and coded the software to show unrealistic range?
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > So VW have lied about expected mileage then and coded the software to show unrealistic range?

Diesel Gate, EV Gate. It fits the company model.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > Here his is over at macheforum setting the stage to bail on the VW EV when the AWD variant has less range than he's insisting it will, despite the literature on the VW website.

What is the fascination with FISHEV? Who in their right mind would spend time following someone on another forum just to report back on a different forum. Did you sign up on the macheforum so you can exchange posts with him there too? Truly amazing!!
  • edited December 2020
    It's not fascination, it's pure entertainment. Sign up? No, you don't need to be a member to read posts.

I will refer back to this when he inevitably doesn't take delivery of the car he put a deposit down on (VW EV) in favor of the car he put a deposit down on (Ford EV) in favor of the car claims to own now (Tesla EV). That too will be entertaining.
  • > @howard_98305575 said: > What is the fascination with FISHEV? Who in their right mind would spend time following someone on another forum just to report back on a different forum."

The craziest part is that they think their behavior is normal.

They are on the Tesla Forums 24/7 which is not healthy.

They really thought they were doing the Lord's work for Tesla and then Tesla just cut them down with the new forum software which was aimed at their own bad behavior. That kind of unhinged them.

And then the crazy conspiracy theories that other Tesla owners are working for Exxon or Goldman Sachs or Victoria's Secret to influence them as though they are important people who the world powers want to influence.

They need an intervention. Tesla would do them a favor by suspending them all (there's eight of them by their own count) for a month to rethink their lives, get other interests.

They still jump on every new owner's thread to attack them for bringing up issues with the car, quickly turning every thread into the same thread with their conspiracy view of life BUT they can no longer delete posts and comments and other owners can post and get some answers before the Proud Boys take over the thread with same fruit cake ideology. You can see they've lost interest and the forums is a better place for it as owners can finally post and get answers. And Tesla can see what owner issues are without the posts getting deleted by the Teslarati faithful.

The new Tesla software was like Biden getting elected. It's not that the crazy Trumpers went away, just they are have no power and are bit exposed.
  • And now back to the cool EV, the VW ID3.
  • edited December 2020
    > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: What's the motive, and motor behind it? "

The guy in the mirror can tell you.

Suffice that Tesla smacked you and the gang down in the most obvious and effective way and you have yet to deal with that...still in the denial and anger phase from the tone and content of they messages.

But back to the VW ID3.

"2021 Volkswagen ID.3 Headlines VW's Electrified Future. While the ID.3 hatchback isn't destined for America, it portends good things for the ID.4 crossover we will see next year."

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33540804/2021-vw-id3-ev-drive/
  • edited December 2020
    While I'm honored to be a member of your imagined gang, you're talking about something that happened before I joined.
  • > @FISHEV said: > Suffice that Tesla smacked you and the gang down

> @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > While I'm honored to be a member of your imagined gang, you're talking about something that happened before I joined.

Syntax is not your friend.
  • "The ID.3 comes with a motor mounted just ahead of the rear axle and a single-speed transmission. The only versions available at launch make 201 horsepower and 229 pound-feet of torque; a downgraded version of the same motor with 143 horsepower is coming soon. A battery with 58 kWh of usable energy is standard, and a 77-kWh battery is optional. The larger battery offers considerably more range, of course, but its additional weight dampens acceleration. Fitted with the 58-kWh battery, the ID.3 weighs a claimed 3814 pounds and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in roughly 7.2 seconds. The larger battery bumps the weight to more than 4000 pounds, and we estimate the sprint to 60 mph will take 7.6 seconds. Both versions top out at a governed and unimpressive-to-a-German 99 mph, even though we're told theoretical top speed would be closer to 120."

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33540804/2021-vw-id3-ev-drive/
  • edited December 2020
    > @FISHEV said:
    >
    > Syntax is not your friend.
    >

I'm always open to critique. Feel free to improve it.

Incidentally, did you eat this? I've never had steelhead trout. is it any good?

https://www.tetongravity.com/photo/other/album1
  • @FishEV "They are on the Tesla Forums 24/7 which is not healthy."

Said the guy that will post a negative response immediately after any positive Tesla post 24/7/365.
  • I always liked the British reviews.

“One of the greatest VWs of all time? Or a missed opportunity? The VW ID.3 is the German manufacturer's new great electric hope. Find out how far it goes on a charge, how much it costs, how it compares to its rivals and whether it’s any good or not.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bs7aQGys8
  • “ Suffice that Tesla smacked you and the gang down in the most obvious and effective way and you have yet to deal with that”

That statement has no merit. Tesla revealed that you lied about your join date and your behavior has been the most changed since the new software.

You post nothing about recent experiences with your car, why is that? Btw, neither does Howard.
  • What kind of cease and desist letters did your firms receive?
  • > @lbowroom said:

> You post nothing about recent experiences with your car, why is that? Btw, neither does Howard.

Please tell me what experience you think has changed on my P3D+ that I should be sharing? My issues with the car are clearly and often stated. Plenty of new software gimmicks have been released over the last two years but not much has changed with the basic drivability.
  • Wow. What a maroon, every place he goes. Geeze! What is wrong with some people?
  • edited December 2020
    We interrupt the fanbois loop with an on topic video of VW ID3.

Shame we won't get in US, at least not for a few years.

https://youtu.be/2hn31vLKgho?t=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UjL7Y2D7GQ
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > We interrupt the fanbois loop with an on topic video of VW ID3.
    >
    > Shame we won't get in US, at least not for a few years.
    >
    > https://youtu.be/2hn31vLKgho?t=10
    >
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UjL7Y2D7GQ

Indeed shame on VW for not bringing it over here.
  • > @WW_icefree said: > Indeed shame on VW for not bringing it over here."

US is a bad market for EV's and all the newest best EV tech goes to EU or China first. Even truer for the more economical EV's coming out now the ID3 being best example.

US may improve over next four years as Federal and state governments get on board with CA's 2035 zero emissions regs and we'll see the volkswagen EV's from other mfgs.
  • Government regulations won't force people in to adapting EV. Tesla has zero problems selling as fast as they can make one. So I call your reasoning BS as usual FishTroll.
  • > @WW_icefree said: > Government regulations won't force people in to adapting EV."

For the 89% not looking to get an EV, CA's regs will do exactly that, force everyone to buy a zero emissions car by 2050.

Those regs are driving EV adoption in EU and China and are needed to reach our 90x50 greenhouse gas emissions goals.

Relative to VW's ID3, US market is much less advanced so production and best models got to EU and China first.