General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Volkswagen's ID.3 Triumphs European EV Sales in October

Comments

• Tesla is 3-7 years ahead of any other EV manufacturer. Even the competition admits that. US is an amazing market for EVs. Driving up the California coast, Tesla is the most popular vehicle. My survey was initially skewed by a Ferrari club meet, and those numbers didn’t hold.
  • My point is make competitive and desirable EV and you won't need Government help to sell it like a hot cakes. Economy 101.
  • Ask anyone.
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automobiles/Tesla-teardown-finds-electronics-6-years-ahead-of-Toyota-and-VW2
  • edited December 2020
    > @Bighorn said: > Tesla is 3-7 years ahead of any other EV manufacturer."

Not by any actual metric. The Mustang EV, VWID4 and Nissan Ariya are much better cars with inline screens, working adaptive cruise and more advanced automated driver assist systems than Tesla, controls, etc. vs. Tesla's very dated EV's.

Tesla is like the Model T but with compressed timetables due to government requirements is quickly losing out as the Model T did as Tesla refuses to innovate and upgrade the cars.

"As other companies offered comfort and styling advantages, at competitive prices, the Model T lost market share and became barely profitable"

As we see, Tesla has hit this point after just 3 years with Model 3 vs. Model T's 30 years.

https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/179279/elon-musk-warns-employees-teslas-stock-could-get-crushed-like-a-souffle-under-a-sledgehammer

https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/179196/volkswagens-id-3-triumphs-european-ev-sales-in-october
  • Hahaha! Idiot.
  • Most would consider the Tesla's older tech as no real upgrades since what 2017?
  • And of course Autogefuel review is required reading for a VW.

https://youtu.be/dxpafevj_H0?t=2
  • Still quoting information from 2016
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > Still quoting information from 2016

Well the ID3 has been out for a while and fully tested.
  • As you know, I’m referring to your 89% claim.
  • > @lbowroom said: > As you know, I’m referring to your 89% claim. "

Probably best to quote what you are referencing, the fanbois memories are a bit on the "recovered" side.
  • Why, it’s totally obvious. Besides, it’s makes it easier for you “misunderstand” making your job even easier. Can I get a cut?
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > > @lbowroom said:
    >
    > > You post nothing about recent experiences with your car, why is that? Btw, neither does Howard.
    >
    > Please tell me what experience you think has changed on my P3D+ that I should be sharing? My issues with the car are clearly and often stated. Plenty of new software gimmicks have been released over the last two years but not much has changed with the basic drivability.

So the car is still in tip top condition then!..Thanks! Not bad after 2 full years! No battery issues, no mechanical issues, no software issues! That's great news! Thanks for sharing the reliability of the Model 3!!
  • The VW EVs are just so plain and boring. So unexciting to look at. Great that other manufacturers are spending as much money as they can to try to get closer to Tesla but in the looks department they really need to spend a whole lot more! Also, I hope you like black or blue as your color of choice!!
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Relative to VW's ID3, US market is much less advanced so production and best models got to EU and China first.

So FISH is saying VW's crummiest EVs are going to the USA... I guess it makes sense.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > So FISH is saying VW's crummiest EVs are going to the USA... I guess it makes sense.

VW is trying to get some of the DieselGate fine back. :-)
  • edited December 2020
    "CA's regs will do exactly that, force everyone to buy a zero emissions car by 2050." -EaglesPDX

Utter nonsense. As much as I'm sure you and the Governor lust for our society to change to one in which his Agencies have that much arbitrary power, notwithstanding employees buying on behalf of the government, they can not force anyone much less everyone to buy a car.
  • FISH, I don’t see the ID3 coming here simply due to it’s limit range. Even BMW dealers here in the states told BMW to not bother bringing one of their low range EVs here because it wouldn’t sell.
  • > @jnordland said: There are still zero cars on the market with over-the-air software updates that Tesla has been offering for how many years now?"

But it's for bug fixes as they send the cars out before they are ready and before the software is ready.

Three years and adaptive cruise is still Beta, still a mess.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said: > I don’t see the ID3 coming here simply due to it’s limit range."

ID3 "real world range" is 243 in mild weather, that's pretty good. It's a nice small EV.

https://ev-database.org/car/1202/Volkswagen-ID3-Pro

US doesn't get it because it is sold out in EU and EU requires car mfgs to produce zero emissions vehicles. So mfgs concentrate on the strong market with incentives.

When EU and China mfgs can meet domestic demand, meet regulatory requirements and have surplus cars and US changes policies at national level (all zero emissions by 2035) we'll start to see more variety from the EU and China mfgs.
  • "Cars made now already come with App Connect and augmented reality head-up display. "

VW ID3 with the heads up display.

You always wonder why Tesla never went with the heads up display.

https://insideevs.com/news/458898/volkswagen-id3-software-fixed-fully-functioning/
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > "Cars made now already come with App Connect and augmented reality head-up display. "

From your post:
    "According to the company, all cars made from now on are free from the issues that have been plaguing the EV."

VW should immediately recall every ID3 made!