Model S

Mirrors auto unfold in garage sometimes. Is there any reason why? Can fold mirrors be added to app

I recently got a used 2014 P85 and I have the mirrors set to autofold when I get home and stay folded. But sometimes (I haven't figured out a consistent reason why) they unfold. My garage is pretty tight with 2 vehicles, and I have to park just right to be able to get in and out of both my car and truck. Yesterday I went to the store and the mirror was folded in so I was able to get in the truck relatively easy. When I got home less than an hour later I went to get out of the truck and the mirrors had unfolded giving me a few inches less room to get out. I would like them to never unfold in the garage. because sometimes they unfold and I have to fold the to get out of the garage to. An easy solution aside from never have them unfold at home for any reason would be adding a fold mirrors to the controls section of the app so if I get home and they are unfolded I don't have to squeeze out of my truck like a people sized piece of playdough coming out of the fun factory.
Does anyone else have this issue? I found one thing on the forums from a couple of years ago but it seemed like nothing ever got figured out, and if it did, it doesn't work for me.

Comments

• https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

Save the link, it updates as the MS updates. There are 36 hits on the word mirror. It will answer your questions. Enjoy.
  • Turn off mirror auto fold, and instead set up the mirrors to auto fold when opening your garage with Homelink. That’s what I do, and it works perfectly. As you’ve discovered, with mirror auto fold enabled, the mirrors will unfold before you exit your garage.