Model 3

Turn Signal Remind Alarm????

I am disappointed that my 2001 Silverado has a sounding alarm if the turn signal is left on but with my 2019 MODEL 3 Nothing......how has that not been addressed as a nice feature. Tesla Tech Team if able please write code to make this a option to the next upgrade.
«1

Comments

  • Yeah I’ve wished for this too. Easy ota feature as well.
  • Why not just turn off the signal automatically after 15 seconds while moving? We do t need more alarms. Call it old fart protection mode.
  • Your Silverado probably didn't have the same number of alarms that your model 3 has. Eventually it becomes, what does that sound mean?
  • If seeing and hearing the turn signal flash doesn't alert you that you have the turn signal on, an alarm isn't going to help. You will ignore it too.
  • I don't know.. I mean my opinion on this is if you are paying attention when driving, you don't need it.

    If the car is driving itself, it will turn the indicator off.
  • and seriously, what is up with threads where people are always putting multiple exclamation points or multiple question marks??????

    It is generally a silly practice anyhow, but even more so for something that is so insignificant. At best, the use is to express urgency.

    Where is the urgency in a turn signal reminder alarm?????
  • > @TranzNDance said: Eventually it becomes, what does that sound mean?"

    That describes the Model 3 now. Why does it beep when it starts to move in reverse? Is there something in the way, stopping car to take eyes off road and look for what the alarm is about.

    This happens a lot on the Model 3 with somethings cryptic message popping up further distracting driver to take eyes off road and look down and away, dangerous.
  • > @BDKTesla_3 said:
    > I am disappointed that my 2001 Silverado has a sounding alarm if the turn signal is left on but with my 2019 MODEL 3 Nothing......how has that not been addressed as a nice feature. Tesla Tech Team if able please write code to make this a option to the next upgrade.

    I have had a 2004 GMC 2500 for ten years. I did not know until a couple of years ago that it had this alarm feature. LOL. I also have a 2018 Honda Clarity that when you put on the right turn signal the camera displays the right hand lane beside and behind you. Now I really wish my soon to be Tesla had that feature.
  • How about an alarm to let you know that there is an alarm going off because there is an alarm going off.
  • This feature is an option for owners 80 years and older. GM used to put it on Buicks and Cadillac's
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @TranzNDance said: Eventually it becomes, what does that sound mean?"
    >
    > That describes the Model 3 now. Why does it beep when it starts to move in reverse? Is there something in the way, stopping car to take eyes off road and look for what the alarm is about.
    >
    > This happens a lot on the Model 3 with somethings cryptic message popping up further distracting driver to take eyes off road and look down and away, dangerous.
    >
    >
    You don't own one so you can't comment.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    .> .. dangerous.

    I used to consider you dangerous to others. Now I just consider you sad.
  • If you guys can honestly say you’ve never accidentally left your signal on - (and no you can’t hear the clickers on the highway while your music is playing) then I call bullshit. Have you ever intended to do a half stalk click and unknowingly pushed too far for a full click? It doesn’t happen often so it’s not an alert I would tune out (like I do with proximity alerts). Not sure why anyone would be opposed to this. Super easy feature to implement and if you are just too perfect to need it, it will never bother you.
  • I have done all of those things in my life. Just not enough to feel it is important or care to have a system implemented to warn me of them.

    I am not opposed to it. I just think that it isn't urgent and I think there are likely a number of other features that have larger audience reaching value.
  • How about if the ticker increases volume as time passes
  • Yep that’d work. Or volume proportional to music volume. Or begin visual flashing outline on the center screen. Lots of easy options...so simple it wouldn’t steal significant resources from complicated development. An intern could probably do it.
  • The only cars I have had that IMHO they were useful were convertibles where noise is a factor.
  • There's a setting to play fart sounds when using the turn indicator. That should get your attention. I bet your old truck didn't have that.
  • > @TranzNDance said:
    > There's a setting to play fart sounds when using the turn indicator. That should get your attention. I bet your old truck didn't have that.

    Best suggestion. Old fart sounds )))
  • Ha. I changed my mind. I would totally use turn signal fart chimes!
  • Or simply have the screen turn arrow fill the screen every 5th click.
  • I like the idea of some type of message or alert that I left my ten signal on.
    Maybe there can be multiple options to choose regarding how you would like to be alerted.
  • I like them as they are. Old car were annoying with there loud clicking. And there are enough noticeable in a short period of time. There is already too much settings!
  • I did it once when I first got the car, coming from a Subaru WRX where I guess I was just tuned to the sound of the blinker.

    Since then, 7 weeks later, I simply half stalk the blinker (it blinks 3 times) and it's more than enough to give notice where I'm going.

    I vote no need for an alarm - the glaring looks from other vehicles, or the possibility of a vehicle pulling out in front of me because the blinker is on is enough to remind me to pay much more attention to what I'm doing.

    > @Spuzzz said:
    > If you guys can honestly say you’ve never accidentally left your signal on - (and no you can’t hear the clickers on the highway while your music is playing) then I call bullshit. Have you ever intended to do a half stalk click and unknowingly pushed too far for a full click? It doesn’t happen often so it’s not an alert I would tune out (like I do with proximity alerts). Not sure why anyone would be opposed to this. Super easy feature to implement and if you are just too perfect to need it, it will never bother you.
  • Seinfeld fan?

    The episode where Elaine's new boyfriend is "perfect", except he doesn't want to use exclamation points. LOL


    > @calvin940 said:
    > and seriously, what is up with threads where people are always putting multiple exclamation points or multiple question marks??????
    >
    > It is generally a silly practice anyhow, but even more so for something that is so insignificant. At best, the use is to express urgency.
    >
    > Where is the urgency in a turn signal reminder alarm?????
Sign In or Register to comment.