Model 3

I haven't received my $1000 refund

I cancelled my model 3 reservation last year... Still waiting for my $1000 refund!! There is NO phone number to call... I tried to chat with them couple of months ago... They told me they would report the issue but still nothing!!! It doesn't look good for a company like Tesla to have such a poor customer service :(

Comments

• You should cancel your reservation then! Oh wait.
  • @jamesbehrouz, If it wasn't refunded in a reasonable time why didn't you file a dispute with your credit card company?
  • Exactly who is "them" to whom you chatted? Just chat with "them" again and tell "them" you are still waiting.
  • Is it for a deposit you placed several years ago and then never followed through with purchase? Is it possible you no longer have the credit card account with which it was placed? In that case, since Tesla doesn’t have your address, how do you propose they refund your money?
  • It seems we get this bs thread every month. Like many other bs threads. Rinse and repeat.
  • Couldn't be that you're just a bad customer?
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > It seems we get this bs thread every month. Like many other bs threads. Rinse and repeat.

Yep, sounds like BS to me too. Just a one off post in the hope someone sees it and decides not to put a deposit down. Either that or the OP has more money than sense and he forgot about the grand for a year!! Either way, it makes the OP look kinda dumb.
  • Extremely dumb.
    I call Bs
  • > @gmr6415 said:
    > @jamesbehrouz, If it wasn't refunded in a reasonable time why didn't you file a dispute with your credit card company?

because posting on Tesla forum would be faster right ?
  • I made two reservations during the reveal. I placed an order on one. The other one, it sat for over a year until I finally cancelled. I got my money back within a few days. It was all automatic done via a browser.
  • > @TeslaDriver316 said:
    > > @gmr6415 said:
    > > @jamesbehrouz, If it wasn't refunded in a reasonable time why didn't you file a dispute with your credit card company?
    >
    > because posting on Tesla forum would be faster right ?

I gave them my checking account. You don't need to be refunded exactly to the credit card you pay them from.> @gmr6415 said:
    > @jamesbehrouz, If it wasn't refunded in a reasonable time why didn't you file a dispute with your credit card company?

> @gmr6415 said:

> @httran26 said:
    > I made two reservations during the reveal. I placed an order on one. The other one, it sat for over a year until I finally cancelled. I got my money back within a few days. It was all automatic done via a browser.
  • It's interesting how you people are emerging out of nowhere to defend Tesla customer service while you don't even know what happened to me...

Some of the responds I got are too dumb to answer. But yes I cancelled it and it was automatically done and I gave them my checking account. They give you this option because sometimes credit cards are no longer active.

For those idiots who think I'm making this up, I'll mention my reservation number:

Reservation Confirmation
    RN108723021
  • I see only one idiot here.
  • Why there isn't any phone number for customer service?
    When you call 1 (888) 518 3752 , the automated operator will tell you to go to the website for the refund issues! and on the website when you try to chat , they'll give you the same number to resolve the issue!
  • Do you have a tesla dealership or service center near you? Stop in and ask to speak to someone.

You posted without offering any information, details or WHO you spoke to.

Typically when someone posts a chicken little "sky is falling" post without much info or context, it doesn't look good on your part. You didn't really even ask for advice, you were venting in a way that made you look silly
  • Tesla doesn't have dealerships.
  • @jamesbehrouz, You stated you gave your bank account number rather than using a credit card. Your bank can step in and take the money back.

I used to run a non profit, and I did thousands and thousands of bank transfers domestic and foreign. I also did probably as many or more direct transfers from a donor's bank account/s into our bank account. Those withdrawals are done using an ACH service (Automated clearing house) such as Single Point. PayPal Pro and many others offer ACH services to businesses. ACH debits are very traceable and code numbers are assigned to them.

I facilitated stock transfers from donor's investment accounts to our investment account. All of these debits and transfers can be traced and reversed.

Requesting that your bank facilitate a refund is a very simple thing to do. All you have to do is prove to your bank that you never received the item or service that the money was intended for. Generally speaking your bank will contact the vendor and request that the vendor make the refund. That usually encourages the vendor to do so themselves rather expediently. If they don't your bank can take the money from the vendor's account and put it into yours.
  • “ Your bank can step in and take the money back.”

I believe he paid it with a credit card and then supplied bank account info for the refund.
  • @lbowroom, Thanks. I missed that. Then my first question still applies.
  • I'm still waiting to hear who is "them" that he talked to? Why doesn't he talk to "them" again? Whenever I spoke to customer service they resolved my issues right away.
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > I'm still waiting to hear who is "them" that he talked to? Why doesn't he talk to "them" again? Whenever I spoke to customer service they resolved my issues right away.

How did you manage to talk to anybody? I have a duplicate charge on my account but I cannot find any place to get this resolved.
  • You can get onto the chat and talk to anyone you want within 5 minutes... proven it many times over and posted the instructions on how to do it. I would again, but you said I never post anything useful. so...
  • > @Joshan said:
    > You can get onto the chat and talk to anyone you want within 5 minutes... proven it many times over and posted the instructions on how to do it. I would again, but you said I never post anything useful. so...

Have you tried it lately? It is just a bot. No response within 5 min.
  • actually was on there last week and it went fine. It depends what options you choose... (there I gave you one useful hint).
  • Bot

Thank you for reaching out. We're hard at work assisting other customers. We will connect you with one of our teammates shortly. We appreciate your patience. While you wait, please check https://www.tesla.com/support for additional support resources