General

Michigan Anti Tesla laws

If you live in Michigan, you may want to contact your local govt rep about this. Perhaps also contact the governor’s office.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/michigan-lawmakers-backtrack-tesla-settlement-direct-sales-service-centers/

Comments

  • paid off politicians
    bully unions
    big oil
    ICE Manufactures

    same war - different battle.
  • > @Cousin_Eddie said:
    > paid off politicians
    > bully unions
    > big oil
    > ICE Manufactures
    >
    > same war - different battle.
    >
    >

    Nah...just anti-EV Trump/GOP'ers.
  • Looks like the article was wrong. Tesla appears to be in the clear. So that’s good. Sorry for the false alarm.

    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-tsla-the-investment-world-the-2019-2020-investors-roundtable.139047/page-11163#post-5174603
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @Cousin_Eddie said:
    > > paid off politicians
    > > bully unions
    > > big oil
    > > ICE Manufactures
    > >
    > > same war - different battle.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Nah...just anti-EV Trump/GOP'ers.

    Yeah, all of this just started in 2016. You absolute clown.
  • > @kneught said:> Yeah, all of this just started in 2016. You absolute clown. ‘

    Oh no. GOP has been anti-EV forever because they are anti-climate science. Trump is just the most recent anti-EV head of GOP.
  • Per fish, GOP is antiEV, trump is antiEV, musk is a trump supporter. So I guess musk is antiEV, right fishie?
  • > @Spuzzz said:
    > Per fish, GOP is antiEV, trump is antiEV, musk is a trump supporter. So I guess musk is antiEV, right fishie?

    He has explicitly stated that Elon is anti EV. He lives in an alternate mental reality.
  • Looks like Michigan is blocking Tesla direct sales/service after all

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z_cDU4EaPck
  • They are attempting to block Tesla direct sales and service. The bill hasn't gone to the state senate yet.

    Looks like Michigan doesn't want to sell any cars at all.
  • The longer they (the ‘big 3’) can delay Teslas’ dominance on their turf, the better they think they can prepare for battle 😂

    ...we already know the outcome of that war (with General Musk in charge 😎)

    I can see the post war parade float now...

    TESLA Semi hauling one of each of TESLA models, followed by a cyber truck , towing three EV pickups simultaneously, one Ford, one Dodge, and one Chevrolet
  • Tesla will ultimately win out here in Michigan. Delaying is the opposition's last gasp option.

    Ford, Chevrolet, and, Dodge have two options in working with Tesla.

    Play nice or lose. Let's hope they chose wisely.
  • > @TabascoGuy said: > Ford, Chevrolet, and, Dodge have two options in working with Tesla."

    None are working with Tesla. Ford and Chevy have their own EV's.

    It is interesting that no one has partnered with Tesla nor taken up Tesla's offers on "free use" of patents. No one seems interested in Tesla tech.
  • @FishEV

    We were talking about the anti-Tesla legislation backed by local ICE manufacturers. Nothing to do with whether those manufacturers made their own EV's or not. Also nothing to do with Tesla's patent use offer.

    Aren't you the one constantly berating other members to get back on topic in numerous other threads. Practice what you preach.
  • > @TabascoGuy said: > We were talking about the anti-Tesla legislation backed by local ICE manufacturers. Nothing to do with whether those manufacturers made their own EV's or not. Also nothing to do with Tesla's patent use offer."

    Well you were talking about Ford, Chevy and Nissan working with Tesla but they don't have any working relationships with Tesla.

    As for staying on topic, well staying on Tesla's vs. the repetitive fanbois conspiracy theories that pollute all the threads.
  • Play ignorant all you want, that wasn't the discussion.
  • he only plays ignorance and deception
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @kneught said:> Yeah, all of this just started in 2016. You absolute clown. ‘
    >
    > Oh no. GOP has been anti-EV forever because they are anti-climate science. Trump is just the most recent anti-EV head of GOP.
    >
    >

    EV isn't specifically GOP v Dem issue. Some states rely heavily on the oil industry (including a couple blue states) and politicians are typically bought and paid for by big corporations and unions. This includes car manufacturers and big oil corps.

    This applies to many politicians, from both parties. Trump isn't anti EV, he is pro-money. And there is more money in oil and ICE vehicles at the moment
  • > @kneught said: > EV isn't specifically GOP v Dem issue."

    It is if you want pro-EV policy from the government based on climate science. The leaders of the GOP (Trump, McConnel, FoxNews) oppose climate science and EV's. The base of the GOP white supremacists, religious ideologues, corporations oppose climate science and EV's.

    Don't think you can point to any GOP'ers who are proposing extending and increasing the EV credits, solar PV credits, wind power credits, battery storage credits. Any bill with these in it will be killed by GOP.
  • When more of the market catches on that they enjoy EV’s more than their old cars, none of that will be necessary. Tesla has proven that by building compelling cars and not just another compliance car
  • > @lbowroom said: > When more of the market catches on that they enjoy EV’s more than their old cars, none of that will be necessary."

    Only 11% of US buyers even look at EV's. Only reason Tesla is here, EV's are here, are government requirements in US mainly with CA CARB states but 100% in EU and China, world's largest car markets.
  • Driver see a overwhelming amount of Model 3’s and Y’s on the road. Your 11% figure is from 2016 and is related to the compliance cars at the time. Even I didn’t consider buying an EV back then.
  • People buy Tesla’s because they are all around great cars
  • Fun, Technologically superior and most efficient EVs out there with best battery tech money can buy.
Sign In or Register to comment.