General

Vehicle Service not fully supported in mobile app

Just to set a context, your mobile app really does not work the way you think it should. The primary issue is once the date for an appointment passes, that service appointment no longer appears in the app. In my case we are waiting for a part, you send a message via the app to me, I get an iOS notification. But when I go in the app there is no service appointment, because the date has passed, so I cannot read your message. There is a little red dot next to Service indicating I have a message, but of course I cannot read it.

I also could not find any service records in the History section of my account on-line.

So contrary to the advice that you gave me last week, I set up yet another appointment so I could send a message to service. BTW finding the Lancaster service center was not easy, as typing Lancaster in the search box brought up everything from MD, PA and DE, but not your location. Let me reiterate, the mobile app does not work the way you think it does. So please do not limit communication to it.

Comments

• Valid points, but not sure who the "you" you are referring to. This is a customer forum and Tesla does not normally read or respond here. Use the Contact at the bottom of every web page to contact Tesla.
  • Typically service will move the appointment date if parts are pending. Seems that in your case someone failed to do that. One-off human mistake, not a system shortcoming.
  • Not one-off happened twice to the same appointment
  • Regarding the use of “you” the text above was copied from an email I sent to Tesla service.
  • “ happened twice to the same appointment”

The scheduled date passed twice for the same appointment?
  • The other design flaw is if your (for example) 12v battery dies or your car doesn't communicate to the Tesla servers, you cannot schedule an appointment.

The app waits for the car to respond, which of course it never does in these use cases.
  • > @rxlawdude said:
    > The other design flaw is if your (for example) 12v battery dies or your car doesn't communicate to the Tesla servers, you cannot schedule an appointment.
    >
    > The app waits for the car to respond, which of course it never does in these use cases.

I think you can use the Service option even before the app has connected to your car.