General

Question about getting Model 3 deposit back

I finally decided to get my deposit back, from the pre-order I made back in 2016 (I know.. I know...) . I tried to get the money refunded back to my credit card, but somehow kept getting declined. So I picked the ACH option to send the money to my saving account. Shortly afterwards the pre-order is no longer listed on my account, and I got an email saying that the refund has been processed.

The thing is, I don't see any refund on my saving account, and there's no way to check my refund details. I'm pretty sure I double checked, but I'm afraid I put in the wrong saving account number and the money went into someone else's. Is this even possible? Not quite sure what to do now.

Comments

• When did you do this? ACH transfers can take time. If it doesn't show up in a few days, then you can start worrying.
  • Tesla changed it from a deposit to an order fee which is non refundable. You are SOL on this. Just kiss it off and move on.
  • > @narrenschiff_92841313 said:
    > Tesla changed it from a deposit to an order fee which is non refundable. You are SOL on this. Just kiss it off and move on.

Maybe you should read the topic before responding.
  • > @ramen said: I'm afraid I put in the wrong saving account number and the money went into someone else's. Is this even possible? Not quite sure what to do now."

Totally possible. Person who may have gotten it should be contacting bank to question the transaction. If they and their bank don't do that, Tesla might just say "We show as paid goodbye" as it is up to Tesla to ask for money back.

If you got the routing number right it should still be with your bank which is a plus but they can't retransfer to you until Tesla changes the transfer info.

Sheesh...good lucking finding some means to communicate and fix the issue with Tesla.

You need someone who has a real person number at Tesla finance.