General

How to remotely close windows by app?

I used to receive the message from Tesla App to warn me that the windows are not fully closed. I tried to remotely close the window by the app but doesn't work. I tapped the CONTROLS at app and then tapped the VENT under the window icon. However, It always to ask me "Are you Sure? you will not be able to closed your windows remotely" along with No and YES options. There is no any actions whether I selected NO or YES. What's wrong? How can I remotely close the windows by the app?

Comments

• You can't close the windows from the app. You can only open them a little with the "vent" button. This is why its giving you the message. Once you vent, you must go to the car to close.
  • > @JacobsAZ1 said:
    > You can't close the windows from the app. You can only open them a little with the "vent" button. This is why its giving you the message. Once you vent, you must go to the car to close.

No this isn’t true. You can vent from the app (under controls menu) then the same button that said Vent now says Close. You can toggle them open/closed to your hearts content. I never saw the message the op is getting. I’m on 2020.44.25
  • It might depend on which Tesla you have. The OP didn’t specify.
  • Thank for all your replies. However, I'm confused by the different views. My car is 2018 mold S and current app version is also 2020.44.25. Whether can I close and open the windows by app?
  • In case the car doesn’t support closing the windows you will be required to confirm if you still want to went when you press the went button.
  • Ok sorry I’m in an ‘18 model 3, didn’t realize the S didn’t support that.