Energy Products

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

PPA Transfer Mismanaged - Poor Customer Service - No integration between departments

I will preface this by saying we have been a Tesla product supporter for many years (own a Model 3, was the first person to have a PowerWall installed in Sonoma County). They have great ideas and novel products, but in my experience their execution and customer service has been piss-poor.

We sold our property in Sonoma Co back in June, and thought the PPA Transfer was completed then, only to be surprised with a past due invoice for solar service through October. I've been trying to dispute this for over the past month, and nothing (not even an official acknowledgement that the matter is being investigated). I had to jump through hoops just to find a contact phone number. They don't even provide a number on your invoice, and they send you on this wild goose chase of having to submit inquiries on their website (which is semi-functional most times). I've talked to seven agents, and each time they give you the lip service that a case was opened and marked as "urgent". On several occasions, the agent has told me they will call back with a Supervisor later that day. ALL LIES. Nobody knows what other departments are doing, and there is no integration. They try to pawn off the problem to someone else (billing, title, web support, etc.)

We are scheduled to have a PowerWall installed in our new house in February, but based on this experience, I am on the verge of cancelling the order altogether. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER WHO HAS SUPPORTED YOU FROM THE BEGINNING, AND IS WILLING TO SPEND $$$$ ON FUTURE PRODUCTS.

Comments

• Please don't spam these boards with the same message. You posted this identical rant in the Solar Panels section.

We are all customers, too. Tesla does not monitor these fora. This post will have zero effect.

But of course, this was explained to you in the other section, but you ignored that, and instead spammed your bilge here, too.
  • Greg -- pejorative terms like spam, rant and bilge to another user are out of bounds. Redundant posts are frustrating, I agree, but sometimes it's hard to know where to post. Perhaps a cross-post referencing the other thread without a complete duplicate would be better. Also, I know for a fact that at least some employees of Tesla do read these threads. I can also understand the OP's frustrations with Tesla -- and I think listing experiences with Tesla can be very valuable for others. (I wish I had been aware of and read many of these posts before I signed up with them -- I would have stayed away.) Could the OP's tone here be more constructive? Probably. But as someone debating whether to post my own very long, still continuing and absolutely horrible experience with Tesla customer service, I can utterly sympathize with the OP's feelings.

I would like to acknowledge this though -- it's to Tesla's credit to host these posts and not censor them.
  • I completely disagree. My descriptors are spot-on.

"Out of bounds"? Absolutely not, unless your goal is to censor dissenting opinions.
  • You could have voiced your disagreement with the OP with calling his views spam, etc. Their tone was not helpful, I agree. But you piled on.