Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.
Does solar charge all of the Powerwalls when you have two gateways?
I just got my four Powerwalls installed!
A picture would be worth 1000 words, but here is my attempt :-)
I have the following:
- Two 200A main breakers (located in the garage)
- Two 200A Load Centers (located in the basement far from the garage)
- Two "Tesla Gateway 2". (located in the garage)
- Four Powerwalls connected to the Gateways (2 to each) (located in the garage)
The house is setup for who house backup.
Now the tricky part... I had solar installed 4 years ago and the solar system is connected with a 50A breaker in one of the 200A Load Centers in the basement.
If I loose power:
1) Will all four of the power walls get power from the solar?
2) Will only the leg that is connected to solar charge on solar?
I could easily test this by shutting the breakers off, but I heard that was not a good idea.
Thanks for your thoughts.