Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

NJ residents. How long before you receive the rebate

How long does it take before you receive the 5k rebate that’s given for the purchase of an EV in NJ.

Comments

• It took me a a little over a month to get officially approved and then another 5 weeks to get the check.
  • I submitted my app and got the email confirmation on Nov 11th and have not heard anything since.
  • Submitted mine Nov 25, called last week after not hearing much. Got an email replay after leaving a voicemail that application will be reviewed within a 50 working day window. As long as I get my money, they can have their time.
  • Spoke to them on the phone, once approved its a 45 day process for rebate to mailed out.
  • > @007bond said:
    > I submitted my app and got the email confirmation on Nov 11th and have not heard anything since.

Do you know what they include into the MSRP?
  • > @MineIsBlueOn20s said:
    > > @007bond said:
    > > I submitted my app and got the email confirmation on Nov 11th and have not heard anything since.
    >
    > Do you know what they include into the MSRP?

Yes everything, so if you optioned up or got FSD and went over 55k you are out.
  • Hi team, what documents did you submit -
    order agreement and copy of temporary regisratioon and drivers license. any thing else we need to submit to them .
    Thanks in advance Guys .
  • folks, for the msrp, the grand total went slightly above 55k ie. 55290. but that was due to the doc & delivery 'fees' of 1200. would that disqualify the rebate? those who were in that situation, can you comment if you still received the 5k? Thanks.
  • * The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.
  • Per my final invoice - $54,389. Per Loan agreement - $58,xxx, but that’s due to finance charges. I think I’m good...just a bit of paranoia due to being so close to the cutoff.
  • So I just got a reply that they are now taking up to 50 days just to review initial applications.
  • > @CerebroRaVaNa said:
    > Hi team, what documents did you submit -
    > order agreement and copy of temporary regisratioon and drivers license. any thing else we need to submit to them .
    > Thanks in advance Guys .

The email you receive with your purchase agreement has everything you need to submit. You should’ve gotten the email shortly after you took delivery of your MY.
  • It took 5 weeks for approval. waiting for check. Call/email them, they respond quickly
  • I submitted the application on Dec. 30, 2020. They seem to process it now. And they ask me to submit "Purchase
    agreement with vehicle configuration" where VIN exists. But I could not find it in my Tesla account. Have anyone experienced a similar issue? Any feedbacks are appreciated.
  • @camillo8 Call the Tesla location that you picked your car up from and ask them for the correct paperwork to submit for the rebate. They are familiar with the program and will send it to you.
  • A long time. Submitted Nov 11, approved by the end of Dec, got email in end of Jan that check would be coming soon, got another email that the check would be mailed beginning of Mar, then got check this week. So for me almost 5 months from time of app to check in hand.
  • When did NJ start giving a $5000 rebate? Do they still not charge sales tax on the purchase too?

I moved out 20 years ago since I couldn't take the cold weather but still have friends that wouldn't mind saving $8000 if they bought a new car.

They rip you off with state income tax and insane property tax so its nice to see that at least there is some way to get money back.
  • No sales tax on electric cars.