Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Charging pad issues

We are a two Y family and both cars won’t charge our iphones. My wife has an iphone 10 and I have a 12. Starts to charge when placed on pad but stops after about 20 seconds. I also am getting a low usb voltage message when I try to charge a small mp3 player with the usb c outlets.

Comments

• I did try with and without cases. Same result.
  • I have similar issue as you do. I did buy a wireless pad off Amazon for my M3 and it seems to work flawlessly with the same phones so points to the Tesla pad.
  • I just picked up my 2021 MY on Dec 12 and I'm experiencing the same issues with the charging pad. I can't get it to charge me and my wife's phones simultaneously. I have a Samsung Note 10+ and my wife has iPhone 8 Plus. When both phones are on the pad, charging begins but quickly stops one, then both in less than 30 secs. I contacted the service center in Nashville but so far no resolution yet.
  • I took mine in for service and they insisted it works fine. It doesn’t. Probably going to buy an aftermarket replacement. Sad.
  • > @Keef said:
    > I took mine in for service and they insisted it works fine. It doesn’t. Probably going to buy an aftermarket replacement. Sad.

I have the same issues. Did you find a replacement that you are happy with?
  • I put this one in my 2018 M3 and it works fine even has 3 position charging. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F2GBCR1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We still have issues with the one in the MY it works then you hit a bump it stops then it starts then it stops sometimes it just refused to work.
  • Re: charging two phones. My MY 60642 delivered 10-28-20 in NJ has a cable to only the left charging pad, not the right one. At the very least you would need two cables to charge two phones. Charging an Android phone with Otter Box is not great if it works at all.
  • Different phones have the charging coil in different places, also different phones have different current requirements. The key here is to have a pad that covers the majority and not the minority. So yes for some it will work no issue for many others its a problem.