General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla app Shows Unread Messages, but No Way to Find Them

I scheduled a service appointment and in the beginning I was getting messages in the Tesla app. I approved the cost estimate and schedule the repair and at the time sent a message back to Tesla. Later, I received the indication "You have unread message(s) from your service team", however no the link to see my messages is missing. I've tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling it and powering down my iPhone and restarting it. It still shows pending messages but there is no way to read them. I can't find messages by logging onto my account on the Tesla website either.

Has anyone else had this problem and is anyone aware of a way for me to see my messages again?

Comments

• Open your app, click the gearbox on top left, find your inbox. Messages not there?
  • Gonefishing, we have had the same issue since day one with both our S (2017) and 3 (2019). I will periodically get a 'notification from Tesla' at the bottom of my phone when I open it up, but we can never find these notifications anywhere. We have tried scrolling the page down; opening the Tesla app and clicking on just about everything trying to locate them with no luck. I mentioned this to the ranger that was here last week (as we got several of these notifications leading up to his visit), but he said he never heard of anyone else having this problem. We just figured since it has been going on since day one we mustn't be missing much and decided to just ignore it.

In the 'inbox; in the app the last notification was from November about tips on winter driving; however, just in the last 2-3 weeks I probably got 6-8 notices of "Tesla notifications" being sent to me, but never found any (and 3 folks tried to find them).
  • I'm having two problems with the Service function in Tesla App. First, the text box for user input remains at the bottom of the screen when on-screen keyboard is opened. This obscures the text box, and makes input quite challenging. Secondly, the "new message" indication persists even after an incoming message has been read. I hoped to get rid of it by sending an acknowledgment but that didn't work. I'm using Android OS on a Samsung A50 - is this a common problem or could it be device-related?
  • My notifications from the Tesla App are all in the notification center on my iPhone until I clear them.
  • > @WattsappMTL said:
    > I'm having two problems with the Service function in Tesla App. First, the text box for user input remains at the bottom of the screen when on-screen keyboard is opened. This obscures the text box, and makes input quite challenging. Secondly, the "new message" indication persists even after an incoming message has been read. I hoped to get rid of it by sending an acknowledgment but that didn't work. I'm using Android OS on a Samsung A50 - is this a common problem or could it be device-related?

I am having the exact same issue... It seems that i can send a message but get notified that i have unread, but cannot find it anywhere.
    And yes typing is very difficult when you can't see what your typing...
    Android Galaxy S9.
  • They need a desktop > @optajoe_98115586 said:
    > > @WattsappMTL said:
    > > I'm having two problems with the Service function in Tesla App. First, the text box for user input remains at the bottom of the screen when on-screen keyboard is opened.

They need a full browser version of the app. Doing this solely on our phones only is plain silly.
  • Made an appointment thru the app today, received the same unreadable message from the service team 2 hours later, went Googling, came here, and this is how we met each other, sadly.

I'd like to know the JIRA/Zendesk ticket numbers and their statuses for this issue.

In all seriousness, how does everyone proceed with your appointment given the problem?
  • Made an appointment thru the app on Dec 12, got confirmation message and email. But lateral the appointment on my phone was gone, and received the same unreadable messages. When I went to my service center, a tech said "You have no appointment; didn't read your messages in your App?" I showed the App on my phone, which says "You have unread message(s)", but they are not there. But he did not have a solution. The App is still like that on my phone now.
  • Same thing I happened to me (clicking through keeps bring me to the "Select Service" page). I was able to somewhat fix it by contacting chat support (click "contact us" on bottom of support page) and have them let me know what was the message that was sent. In my case it was that my mobile service was cancelled and for me to call a local number to schedule a service center appointment. Chat rep said my messages should show after I did that.

After I did, it showed my new appointment, although I still can't see the original message. Hopefully this helps someone having the same issue.
  • Same thing has happened to me twice now in the last two months. Got some service messages in the app, replied, could view message history, then the messages all disappeared. Twice. Have to schedule a new appointment each time. The app still shows the little red dot and the label saying that I have unread messages, but when I click on the notification, the message history is empty. This wouldn't be so infuriating if I could call and get a person instead of a recording telling me to just use the app that is BUGGY.
  • I been having same issue since delivery. It keep showing I have message but when click in nothing there . But when I click out the it still showing message not read. I also have a problem that they can't seem to fix , its my MANAGE. I click it and the page turn blank therefor cannot access my acct. They say its my browsers but I try using other desktop and phone and result same. I can't seem to find anyone that can help. Anyone have this issue?
  • Same issue here. I made an appointment, was displaying on the app fine, then got a notification that I "have an unread message(s) from your service team" that I cannot view. I emailed the local service center, who promptly replied that it is just a message confirming my appointment and that he could tell the tech to call me instead of messaging. I did tell him this appears to be an issue for many people, not sure if that will help at all, but worth a shot.
  • I have the same issue. I was able to see and reply to service messages, but now it dissapered. I can see the red dot showing I have new messages on the service tab. When I click it shows the service appointments but not the messages
  • > @WattsappMTL said:
    > I'm having two problems with the Service function in Tesla App. First, the text box for user input remains at the bottom of the screen when on-screen keyboard is opened. This obscures the text box, and makes input quite challenging. Secondly, the "new message" indication persists even after an incoming message has been read. I hoped to get rid of it by sending an acknowledgment but that didn't work. I'm using Android OS on a Samsung A50 - is this a common problem or could it be device-related?

same 2 issues on Android
  • Same problems clearing unread and difficulty replying when input box behind the keyboard on Android Pixel 3XL. I showed it to my road warrior and he just shrugged.
  • I have to report the same thing. No way to clear unread messages. Actually, I find the entire mobile app for service requests exasperating. Inconsistency between service requests that come SMS for some things, the app for others, and really no way sometimes to send a message back to a technician at all. I spent a lot of money for my car which I love, and my expectation is to speak with a person who has a certain level of knowledge about Tesla when I need service. Go take a lesson from Apple. Customer service requires actively pursuing and delighting customers. I have experienced very little of this with Tesla. -Disappointed
  • > @djam1234 said:
    > I have to report the same thing. No way to clear unread messages. Actually, I find the entire mobile app for service requests exasperating. Inconsistency between service requests that come SMS for some things, the app for others, and really no way sometimes to send a message back to a technician at all. I spent a lot of money for my car which I love, and my expectation is to speak with a person who has a certain level of knowledge about Tesla when I need service. Go take a lesson from Apple. Customer service requires actively pursuing and delighting customers. I have experienced very little of this with Tesla. -Disappointed

I have had no issues with using the messaging service. The responses can sometimes take a day. But not anything I’m in a rush for anyways. Messaging/email is typically a slow method. Phone is faster. In person is fastest.

You can also call the roadside emergency number OR the customer service line OR contact the SC directly (all numbers are on the Tesla website) OR if you really feel the need to reach someone immediately you can physically drive to the SC. I haven’t needed to yet but I also have the SA email and phone number and he’s been very receptive.

Tesla would be DISAPPOINTED in you.
  • I am suffering through the Android Service app and messaging issues as we speak.

Car has had multiple instances of losing all sound and has had two occasions of main display unit going dark wile driving. I have scheduled service using the app, and message back and forth about times and dates of problems, Once again, car is in service and I'm being asked for particulars (which were previously documented in correspondence concerning previous service calls). When I go to app to try to retrieve those messages, they are gone.

Also, the design of the messaging portion of the app sucketh. Having the entry area disappear behind the on-screen keyboard is just ridiculous. (There is a down arrow on the kb that will shrink the kb and let you see what you've typed, but that's just downright bad UI design IMO.)

I just clicked on the "Message" button below the Service Center info (button did not have a badge on it signifying a new message - I was going to bitch at them about the whole service experience - and lo and behold, there was a new message from SC from about 5 minutes prior (probably while I was writing this on laptop) saying they would have to call me in the morning. No audible or visible indication in the mobile app that a new message had arrived.

I think the whole Tesla service management model needs to be addressed and brought into the 21st century.