Model 3

Boombox! Horn now farts! And much more!

We knew it was coming but it's just absolutely insane!!! Check it out in toybox 2020.48.26

Comments

• Can't wait. The highlight of the year, a horn that farts.

Can't with to drive down the street farting at neighbors
  • Assuming this is via the external pedestrian speaker? If so, us older 3s are out. If not, I’ll be farting at everyone.
  • The other day, I had to honk the horn to get the crows off the road. I wonder if farting would work for that purpose.
  • Not V11 I’m reading.
  • This feature is the only upgrade worth mentioning. The driving of the car got worse IMHO with this update. We get a fart machine and a worse driving experience. Merry Christmas.
  • @FSD IS A SCAM - Elon obviously played you, ha ha ha
  • la cucaracha as the car horn??? Matches the fuzzy dice and fury dashboard trim I installed.
  • > @FSDISASCAM said:
    > This feature is the only upgrade worth mentioning. The driving of the car got worse IMHO with this update. We get a fart machine and a worse driving experience. Merry Christmas.

With a name like that your opinion isn't worth much! LOL
  • The name says it all, FSDISASCAM is a troll.
  • Hilarious, every December we have crazy trolls come and post bay shit crazy stuff and then disappear.
  • FSDISASCAM = just another troll who didn't read about what he was buying and blames the car not himself.
    Tesla makes it clear what it can and can't do.
    Simple Google search will find that.
  • > @Lonestar10_1999_98049184 said:
    > @FSD IS A SCAM - Elon obviously played you, ha ha ha

Totally - He is playing anyone who buys FSD.
  • Ban @FSD_Skeptic
  • > @EV3GO said:
    > la cucaracha as the car horn??? Matches the fuzzy dice and fury dashboard trim I installed.

That is what I picked too. It is the best one I think. It is unfortunate we don't have clear directions yet how to make the 5 custom sounds. I made a folder like they said on the USB drive named Boombox but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone try this out yet?
  • Yes I tried it on my model X. It worked 1 time. I tried it on my model S it did not work. I tried the flash drive from the X in the S and now it does not work in either car. The sounds were showing at the bottom of the Tesla list. Now they do not show at all. I need help too.
  • I have not tried it myself yet but the folder names may be case sensitive.
  • Tried out the pedestrian sounds today but they continue after the 20 mph mark. Is this supposed to be this way?
  • A few points.
    1. It appears the speedometer shrunk in size. Not cool for us older drivers. Plus less map coverage to show a larger visualization screen? Was that really needed or wanted by drivers?
    2. I like the new emissions control and horn/driving sounds. But it seems like it resets every time I get in the car. Am I missing something? If we have to redo this every time we get it, it loses a lot of value to me. I just want to get in my car and go, not futz with sounds every time I drive.
    3. I think moving the wipers to the new location is fine.
    4. Regarding the speedo, I personally preferred the previous position. Not sure what really was driving this change but other than the size and overall shrinking of the map, it's fine. I'd like to see a screen that has the ability to be resized, within limits of course.
    5. I'd still prefer to see more audio options available via the Tesla screen, such as iHeart and SiriusXM. Sure, you can stream from your phone, but it's less convenient and more dangerous. Let's face it, some of us will never get FSD. We actually LIKE to drive, and this car is a hoot. If I didn't want to drive I'd Uber or take a bus. So please work out a deal with these companies to offer it via the Tesla screen.
  • Speedo to the left corner was logical move and long wanted one.
  • I have a 2021 Model 3 and I still have not gotten the update:(. I have it connected to a strong WiFi signal, I plugged it in. I even tried restarting it and nothing. Any suggestions?
  • > @kevinbg77_98708614 said:
    > I have a 2021 Model 3 and I still have not gotten the update:(. I have it connected to a strong WiFi signal, I plugged it in. I even tried restarting it and nothing. Any suggestions?

Yes, call Trump and complain.
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > > @kevinbg77_98708614 said:
    > > I have a 2021 Model 3 and I still have not gotten the update:(. I have it connected to a strong WiFi signal, I plugged it in. I even tried restarting it and nothing. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Yes, call Trump and complain.

I’m on hold rn
  • > @"Magic 8 Ball" said:
    > Chanting and sacrificial rituals work sometimes.

I’ll get the candles
  • @kevinbg77_98708614, Relax you will get it. It takes different time for everyone. Some get it earlier other little later.