Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Boombox! Horn now farts! And much more!

2

Comments

  • I did not get any updates. Just a bag of coal. I want my farts now!
  • @ sewacksman_98559000, the larger space for visualization is to provide room fir the yet to come additional environment renders that will be seen in screen in FSD.
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > I did not get any updates. Just a bag of coal. I want my farts now!

    You, Howard and Fish are at the back of the list ;)
  • It's great if you like less screen real estate for the map, browser, etc. Also great if you like your speed, the cruise control set speed, and the local speed limit displayed nearly the same size side by side and that extra moment it takes your brain to discern which number you are looking at. Thank you to all the folks who jumped right on this so the rest of us who don't like the changes can hold off loading it. Now if you are a teenage owner, you will love the Boombox. Many of us oldsters could care less.
  • If I had the ext speaker, I would play The French Guard line from Monty Python and The Holy Grail: “I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!!”
  • > @stevenmaifert_12203 said:
    > It's great if you like less screen real estate for the map, browser, etc. Also great if you like your speed, the cruise control set speed, and the local speed limit displayed nearly the same size side by side and that extra moment it takes your brain to discern which number you are looking at. Thank you to all the folks who jumped right on this so the rest of us who don't like the changes can hold off loading it. Now if you are a teenage owner, you will love the Boombox. Many of us oldsters could care less.

    Lol I am 37 hardly Teenage owner
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > I did not get any updates. Just a bag of coal. I want my farts now!
    >
    > You, Howard and Fish are at the back of the list ;)

    So much for priority access 🤦
  • 😢😢😢
  • As soon as I posted I got it. 🤷‍♀️
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > As soon as I posted I got it. 🤷‍♀️

    Niiice. Elon got your back.
  • Don't know why they make you have to set the settings every time you drive the car though. Only the Summons seems to keep the settings. Makes it un-useful if you have to open Boombox every time you want to replace horn sound. Also has anyone been able to set up the Custom Sound folder yet - I found some good train horn sounds I'd like to try.
  • Down loading now. At 30%, can't wait
  • Got my mid-range early 2019. Are there options or do we think there will be options to add the speaker if our car currently doesn't have it?
  • > @"Doug n Evie" said:
    > Got my mid-range early 2019. Are there options or do we think there will be options to add the speaker if our car currently doesn't have it?

    Boombox is not worth the effort.
  • > @FSD_Skeptic said:
    > > @"Doug n Evie" said:
    > > Got my mid-range early 2019. Are there options or do we think there will be options to add the speaker if our car currently doesn't have it?
    >
    > Boombox is not worth the effort.

    Just like u
  • The new visualization is actually quite gorgeous. I like the improved avatar detail and the bigger view. Can’t wait to see more fsd rendered detail in that space. The new viz layout of speedo, turn signals, etc also welcome.

    AP is improved for me. I ran 4 consecutive test runs on a poorly marked width-changing dogleg section near my house, and it went thru all 4 times without hesitating, without a jittery steering wheel, and without chiming.
  • @M3phan Thanks for responding. I'm not sure why all of these visualizations are necessary. If you are driving, your eyes should be on the road. If FSD is ever fully realized, your car will take care of getting you to your destination. Why would you want to look at cartoons of what is outside your windshield? I don't get it. I also hope Tesla doesn't leave behind those of us who choose to drive ourselves. I'm 58 and not really too interested in the car driving for me. Not yet, at least.
  • @sewacksman_98559000, Elon tweeted yesterday that the screen proportions viz-to-map will be customizable, which I assume means folks can minimize the viz in favor of larger map. Eyes on road most definitely though not exclusively to alleviate eye strain. I move my eyes around. I find the screen info helpful too.
  • > @Spartan-117 said:
    > We knew it was coming but it's just absolutely insane!!! Check it out in toybox 2020.48.26

    I got the update up in Portland Oregon, looks like we don't get the boombox just the games and ui. I wonder if this is a regulatory issue? Anyone else not get the boombox?
  • > @johnsontom78 said:
    > > @Spartan-117 said:
    > > We knew it was coming but it's just absolutely insane!!! Check it out in toybox 2020.48.26
    >
    > I got the update up in Portland Oregon, looks like we don't get the boombox just the games and ui. I wonder if this is a regulatory issue? Anyone else not get the boombox?

    Is your car equipped with a PWS?
  • > @"Magic 8 Ball" said:
    > > @johnsontom78 said:
    > > > @Spartan-117 said:
    > > > We knew it was coming but it's just absolutely insane!!! Check it out in toybox 2020.48.26
    > >
    > > I got the update up in Portland Oregon, looks like we don't get the boombox just the games and ui. I wonder if this is a regulatory issue? Anyone else not get the boombox?
    >
    > Is your car equipped with a PWS?

    I'm pretty sure it is. Though I'm not certain. Is there a way to definitely tell?
  • Yes drive at slow speed and it should make a sound to warn pedestrians. Different sounds when going forward vs reverse. Plenty of YouTube videos to hear what it sounds like.
  • Here's a new video called "Can You Add a Speaker for Tesla's New Boombox Feature?" https://youtu.be/a7WsoegGNlY
  • Answer? Yes but update won’t recognize it, boombox won’t activate.
  • The spoiler alert on the video is that they add an aftermarket speaker device that is self contained and operated via bluetooth separate from the car.
Sign In or Register to comment.