Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Boombox! Horn now farts! And much more!

13»

Comments

• Lots of commitment to get an ev to morph into a gasser
  • Been trying it out - The Polynesian “elevator music” and other sounds are pretty hilarious, but I hope a future update will allow you to split the indoor/outdoor speakers: play one of the “driving sounds” outside the car, but other media inside. That might make it more practical. If you can’t split inside and outside, it ends up feeling like a “party trick” you’d use just for giggles .. it would also be great if you could set the exterior speakers to only kick on at lower speeds, like when you are driving through neighborhoods, etc. I wouldn’t want to run the speakers constantly
  • I'm in the 'don't like the changes' camp. I don't mind the speedometer changing position, but making it smaller than it was, and keeping it the same colour as the adjacent numbers (speed limit etc) means it's harder to see.

Changing the battery icon from green to black, again, harder to pick out.

But the worst thing is making the visualisation screen larger, the map, which is the one thing you actually need to look at beyond the speedometer is significantly smaller, and, worse, the navigation info covers nearly 1/6th of it, for the entire time you're driving.

Maybe I'm just bitter since it seems my 04/2019 M3P doesn't have the pedestrian speaker.....
  • > @"Will.chellam_98671435" said:
    > Maybe I'm just bitter since it seems my 04/2019 M3P doesn't have the pedestrian speaker.....

No need to be bitter most people don't use the gimmicks after they play with them a few days or so anyway. We also do not have a PWS and I downloaded the new version a couple of days ago but have not been out to the car to see the new display. Reading the feedback here am certain they will change it again to something more amiable.

Elon said on twitter they will make the display configurable so that will be coming.
  • I have 2018 model3 did not come with external speakers. Any way of getting speakers mounted on exterior?
  • > @Mike_belloli_98176695 said:
    > I have 2018 model3 did not come with external speakers. Any way of getting speakers mounted on exterior?

There are many threads on this. The short answer is not currently. Find the other threads on this subject and you will find some videos where there is an aftermarket external speaker that is a self contained bluetooth device (does not operate via car controls) that may work for you.
  • Now it's considered a virtue to fart audibly? Finally my years of training will pay off.
  • In TX seems the horn cannot be replaced with another sound, just added on AFTER the traditional horn sounds.
  • I have only had my model 3 a week, and am not happy with the useless update. As far as i am concerned they took things from me and gave me crap. Smaller text? Thrills! Sigh. for older eyes it made things worse. Security cam playback quit,
    I had to remove the usb stick and reinstall to get film playback working. Useless boombox horn that has to be reset every time you drive, and in NY the new sound only plays after the existing horn sound plays. Then... Next drive, reenable it. Why?
    Maybe i can make a sound that says Cuomo sucks, but then i would wear out the horn button.
    -stampee