Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

New Display Layout is Horrendous

1121314151618»

Comments

• People won’t but the car because the display is 1” smaller in width than it was originally unless they have a special use case?

That’s funny stuff, keep it up!
  • how do you cover the "chill" setting with the efficiency "cards" and call that good?

When you enable chill mode AND keep that odometer/trip meter card up (you know, to actually keep track of wh/mile etc) it covers the word chill that indicates you are in chill mode. just. plain. stupid.

i just want a classic mode so i can revert to a display that works (and worked too well apparently). good grief.
  • Not sure what you mean as I’ve never seen the use for chill mode. Are you saying you don’t know whether you’re in chill unless you can see the word chill and your odometer at the same time?
  • How does setting the word with the odometer up influence how you treat the throttle?
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > How does setting the word with the odometer up influence how you treat the throttle?

Did they move where the word Chill appears? Last time I used it its was on the Top center no where near the panels.
  • I have no idea. Chill isn’t a quick toggle so if you prefer it, you should certainly know you’re using it since you selected it.
  • Why/how are people missing the **repeated** posts that Elon had tweeted a while back that the screen proportions (car viz to map) will have some measure of adjustability.
    Relax “classic” screen lovers, your wish will come true.
  • 🤦🏻🤦🏻!
  • Yesterday would be good for that dream to come true. How hard can it be?
  • > @"Joe M" said:
    > How hard can it be?

I said that to a software developer many years ago and they hired me at a flat fee to write the software. That was the last time I said “How hard can it be”!
  • I have problem with font size it is too small and hard to read since I'm driving.
  • > @tvokshori_98730567 said:
    > I have problem with font size it is too small and hard to read since I'm driving.

What software you running? One of the more recent updates did increase font sizes slightly.
  • Yes, the word chill when selecting chill mode is now at the bottom left, under the damn cards that shows trip mileage and wh/mile. (or tire pressure. ) i leave the card showing 'since last charge' all the time to keep track of efficiency. apparently i be the only one doing this. oh well. please, Tesla, no more "improvements" like this. usb album art still gone. backup cam still smaller. good job. /s
  • I view those cards periodically but don't leave them up any longer with the new UI. I now prefer to see the area around my car image.
  • But still... why do need to have the word chill prominently displayed? Do you not know that you are in chill?
  • “Why am I not able to launch off the line?’ GD it! This car is garba...wait, look there, I’m in Chill! Ohhhhhhh.”
    😜😎