Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

New Display Layout is Horrendous

Comments

• Rile damnit
  • They really think this flood of negativity is going to get people to cancel their end of year deliveries?
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > > @NorthValley said:
    > > > @howard_98305575 said:
    > > > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > > > > @gabarber_98418288 said:
    > > > > The Model 3 steering wheel is designed for hands at 9 and 3, not 10 and 2 (which by the way is the airbag-era recommendation); that's why the thumb wheels are where they are.
    > > > >
    > > > +1 It is also the requirement for using the driver assistance features.
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > No it isn't. You can put your hands where you like...or even completely off the wheel for 96% of the time if you so choose! You see, you just don't know enough to make any comment that is based in fact. Mark of a troll
    >
    > Tesla: "It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your "hands" on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road."
    >
    > Mark of a fanatic.

You try to make being a fan of Tesla a crime! That is why you are a troll!
  • > @HAL2001 said:
    > > @howard_98305575 said:
    > > Tesla: "It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your "hands" on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road."
    > >
    >
    > Howard, are you trying to mislead people by using information from a limited beta and applying it to the current public version.

Surely the troll clown wouldn't do such a thing?! LOL. I sense his desperation levels rising again as he clings to literally anything negative that anybody posts, literally anything!
  • I hope there is an update coming soon. I see some weird bugs, like humans walking on my car when no human is around.
  • The cars now see into the spirit world.....ooooooooo.
  • Holy crap, I just perused the TMC forum thread on this update, and it’s like stepping into a gripey nursing home. Look, I’m no young gun (mid 50s) but good lord, how old are these people? The complaints about the “danger” of the new screen layout are bizarre.
  • Like I said, you can drive the car safely without a display at all.
  • Tesla- fun for Grandparents /s
  • if they are in the passenger seat
  • Most complaints from model S and X owners since font is too small now in inline screens.
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > Most complaints from model S and X owners since font is too small now in inline screens.

Don’t give credence to the notion of an “inline screen”. It assumes either 1. that drivers only look one way, or 2. that there is meaningful reason to put a screen behind a steering wheel.

There is no evidence of (2) and (1) is simply alarming.
  • Layer up the bricks, reinforce the wall, protect Tesla at all costs! Make up inflated negative claims. Between the FUD and FAN this is comical.

It’s not dangerous. It’s just not as usable for those who “drive” their car as it once was. An upgrade for you should not be a downgrade for me. I want what I bought. Free stuff is ok, taking something away for the good of others is not.

Wasted space. Unfortunately someone pushed a button and the downgrade happened. Sucks more than the videos! I kind of liked people asking me the story behind the name of my car.

One other thing. It was noted that you get a big D or R when you shift. That is not true from R to D on the fly.

You would think they could have a least moved the driver profile out of the way when backing up.
  • > @algross05 said: > My opinion that we should all keep the big picture in mind. The ultimate goal is full self driving...across all roads."

And not EV adoption? And how many Tesla owners have "Full Self Driving" especially in the 'economy class" Model 3?

I'd guess a larger majority of Tesla owners purchased an EV, don't have "Full Self Driving" and don't really care about the functions of Tesla's "Full Self Driving". Just want it to be a good car and EV.

The problem is no inline screen so Tesla keeps trying to "fix it" that with the single off to the side screen.

As for what changes Tesla makes to do that, certainly don't feel it was from user input. The "fixes" don't mirror any common feature requests from owners.
  • > @M3phan said:
    > Holy crap, I just perused the TMC forum thread on this update, and it’s like stepping into a gripey nursing home. Look, I’m no young gun (mid 50s) but good lord, how old are these people? The complaints about the “danger” of the new screen layout are bizarre.”

What, most people don’t like the new update. The defenders of all things Tesla are just wrong. The only ones acting bizarre are the fanatics with their nonsense rants about how they and Tesla are perfectly correct and everyone else is a stupid troll. The universal single center position tablet user interface is mediocre at best and was just made worse. It is nice to know that legacy manufacturers designing BEVs are experienced enough to not follow Tesla’s misguided cost saving direction when it comes to the driver interface and safety. Tesla should have spun FSD off early on and completed the developed without subjecting every Tesla owner to the constant barrage of underdeveloped changes trying to appease investors and those that bought into the self driving robotaxi hoax.
  • And now here comes the other half..... one tablet is fine. The only thing wrong with the new mess is the allocation of space is inappropriate for some portion of the user public.
  • I didn’t see anyone mention that turn by turn directions now appear on the left panel if the right panel is full screen with media like Karaoke words.

For that reason alone, I’m on board with this update.

I also like that the speed icons are now co-located.

Minor update, but overall pretty good.
  • Lol are you telling me you have hard time seeing big ass R or D when you switch your gear selection? Or big ass speedo number? Check your eyes and don't drive until you get good glasses.
    https://imgur.com/a/8jtCkXN
  • @WW_icefree

Not sure if you are talking to me but in case you are there is no “big ass” R or D when you switch from reverse to drive. There is nothing but the little prindle change. Maybe is when you do a rolling switch vs. a complete full 0 stop but it is what it is.
  • > @"Joe M" said:
    > @WW_icefree
    >
    > Not sure if you are talking to me but in case you are there is no “big ass” R or D when you switch from reverse to drive. There is nothing but the little prindle change. Maybe is when you do a rolling switch vs. a complete full 0 stop but it is what it is.

I guess my pics are photoshop right? And no I wasn't talking to anyone directly.
  • And before some smart ass asks hey ICEfree why do you have miles on your battery when you said you use % instead. I will tell you : "You cought me.... Not. I was playing with charging slider to see what it shows in miles when at 100%".
  • So, we got FISH, howard, Joe M all pushing hard against the horribles of the screen change. Riigghht. And playing tag-team.
    Stock price is up today.. check.
    Public Service Announcement:
    FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.

Howard has also been showing all the signs of being a full-time troll over the past few months, ever since the FSD closed beta went live. Joe M, you legit or playing in traffic with the trolls these days?
  • Not playing with trolls, legit usage concerns, yes I really do like the stock price going up, maybe not to the extent of some here but a pretty good stake. Regardless not playing cheerleader when it’s not deserved. I just call it like it is. Great but not perfect.

Hey ice... back your car up (in a safe place) switch to drive on the fly, watch your screen. There is no big “D”. Apologies will be accepted!
  • @Tronguy

Just to make it perfectly clear the cheerleaders and the trolls are equally disturbing to me.
  • > @"Joe M" said:
    > there is no “big ass” R or D when you switch from reverse to drive.

Tried it today, the Big "D" doesn't show if you switch on the fly. The little "D" does show. When I did it on the fly I was rolling forward immediately so I had to deliberately look away from where the car was going to confirm the "D" didnt show. Normally I would be watching where the car is going.

I do not understand why the big "D" would be important when you switch on the fly.