I see a lot of negativity with Tesla Solar but myself and at eight friends and neighbors have had zero issues with process or install. 1 neighbor had a small hiccup with install process because he wanted to change the layout, then found out his production would drastically change and then asked for 3rd redesign.
1. Project Managers: they are busy and overworked. I would say my PM answered the phone or called back within a day about 90% of the time. But if I really needed a question answered, I would just hit zero when it went to his voicemail and an available PM would answer quickly and look up my project and notes.
2. Lack of communication: anyone who bought a Tesla car knows Tesla is lacking in this area. Then again, it’s suppose to be an online smooth process. They do not have banks of sales associates out there earning commission (thus the savings of tens of thousands of dollars). This is like ordering food from DoorDash then complaining no one asked if you wanted water.
3. Price, with Tesla you know exactly what you pay upfront. Other companies send salesmen to your house to “sell” you and convince you. SunRun quoted 44k for what Tesla did for 24k. The price is a no brainer.
4. Equipment: top of the line and a lot better looking than the others who charge extra for the sleek trim.
6. Time: it took me 5 months from order to PTO. But I had a redesign and a problem with my electric bill. Out of my friends I would say the average was 90 days.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
If you find my info useful, please use my referral code.
Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels: