Solar Roof

SOCAL Installation Timeline

Hi all, I was just did an online chat with a Tesla support rep. THey told me that the current timeline for a solar roof installation is 1-2 months in my area (Seal Beach). Has anyone had their install go that fast recently? Thank you.

Comments

• I highly doubt 1-2 months. I'm in Glendale. Placed my order in June and tear off began two weeks ago. Currently waiting for Tesla to install roof. I'm being told they should start in 3 weeks. When I signed up in May the sales rep had told me it would take maximum 3 months....🤔
  • Thanks, that's helpful. Both project sunroof and tesla recommend a 4kw system for our address and our usual $100/month bill. But that was for our old single story no AC, no insulation, single pane window 1200 sq foot house. New house will be a two story, 2500 square foot house with AC, a hot tub, and likely an EV in a year or two. Any thoughts on system size? Thanks.
  • The same system size has different output depending on orientation and shading or lack of. Likewise 100.00 per month can mean different usage depending on your rate plan. I’m sure someone will be able to give you a number based on what you stated. But you can also do some homework yourself to come up with an estimate. Start by calculating your annual usage in kWh now, then add up all the usages for planned new appliances and toys. Manufacturer usually gives you energy usage and you can manually calculate annual usage or go to https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/maps/appliance-energy-calculator to get the number bases on your appliance. EV is based on how much you drive them so you need to estimate that. Add them all up and pad another 10%, your utility would not like a much bigger system output than what you are consuming now so you would have to list your planned new appliances. If you are building a new house and not adding to your existing house then just ignore what I said.
  • > @lakerpaddler said:
    > Thanks, that's helpful. Both project sunroof and tesla recommend a 4kw system for our address and our usual $100/month bill. But that was for our old single story no AC, no insulation, single pane window 1200 sq foot house. New house will be a two story, 2500 square foot house with AC, a hot tub, and likely an EV in a year or two. Any thoughts on system size? Thanks.

My house is 2,500 sq-ft. I have a pool and spa and AC, but no EV. My yearly consumption is about 7,500kWh (pre-covid), so I got a 5.6kW system which is supposed to give me about 8,200kW for the year (my City will not allow more than 110% of usage over previous 12 months).
  • > @lakerpaddler said:
    > Hi all, I was just did an online chat with a Tesla support rep. THey told me that the current timeline for a solar roof installation is 1-2 months in my area (Seal Beach). Has anyone had their install go that fast recently? Thank you.

I doubt that seriously. Been waiting for years for OCFA to approve solar roof. Anything on your side?