Model 3

Just got this on our Model 3 today. Nothing new since 48.26, and the UI didn't change, so whatever you didn't like in 48.26 you won't like in 48.30 either.

Comments

• I think this is, as usual after a big release from any vendor, bug fixes.
  • https://teslascope.com/teslapedia/software/2020.48.30
  • > @FSD_Skeptic said:
    > https://teslascope.com/teslapedia/software/2020.48.30

Almost done installing.
  • > @FSD_Skeptic said:
    > > @FSD_Skeptic said:
    > > https://teslascope.com/teslapedia/software/2020.48.30
    >
    > Almost done installing.

Bug Fixes - But Seems more stable then 48.26
  • It did freeze the new graphic. Mines stuck with car pulling out of parking spot. That way all the way home. Didn't bother stopping to try to reboot. We'll see if it is working in the AM.

Clearly a bunch of bugs in the latest fast and furious updates.
  • You probably don’t mean to insult our intelligence but Howard and FishEV are so obvious that no sane person needs to be warned about their propaganda.
  • As is FSD skeptic. Don’t buy any of their nonsense. Positive or negative.
  • New release is likely a bugfix. I did not get any reboots as the earlier 2020.48.26 in my earlier post where I experienced multiple soft reboots at various times.

There is still however a very bad bug when watching Netflix or YouTube/YouTube TV when parked.
    If you accidentally tap it so its full screen it will not register taps or attempts to exit (ie get to the X on the upper right)
    It doesn't seem to register pauses either in full screen, but pause does work when the window is not completely maximized.

I got around this by stepping on the brake & shifting to R without actually reversing & then hit park & this forced the UI to exit entertainment and go to the regular car display

The car does feel/appear to be driving a bit slower & handling curved roads better on AP
    ie it's much more smoother when roads are merging without the earlier jerkiness to the center.
  • Just downloaded and installed. Looks like it’s frozen about a third of the way through the update. The current Software version ends in “ bad” on my screen and APP. Re-booted several times to no avail. Anyone else having install issues?
  • No install issues. Took 25 min to install and rebooted

I did experience at least 2 hard braking/slowdowns while in AP which took me be surprise.
    AP was 3+ car lengths behind the other car and there were no bridges or shadows.
    Stopped using for now until an update is out

This is a 2018 awd hw3.
    It’s actually the first time I’ve experienced so much braking and the above reboots so it’s probably just a bad point release.

I also don’t like the new layout as it’s just harder to read and I hope they will bring back the larger maps and some color to the ui
  • > @Lonestar10_1999_98049184 said:
    > You probably don’t mean to insult our intelligence but Howard and FishEV are so obvious that no sane person needs to be warned about their propaganda.

These messages aren't for you but newer members who haven't had the 'pleasure' of dealing with these 2 or 3 TROLL CLOWNS!
  • Santa's sleigh & reindeer look great in the new update 👍
  • Just FYI my update from 2020.48.26 to 2020.48.30 resulted in the phone app freezing. I restarted the phone app, no result. It did say software update on progress, but had December 31 as update date, I had driven the car since then. I assume the car updated itself at 2 am, i usually manually start the update. Screen was black in the car, I used nearfield tap to wake the car up, took like 15 seconds. Then car display came up with update version 30 shown. I got a chuckle on the maps version, final 3 random chars are "bad", I don't think it is meaningful. So this update experience was unusual, but appears to be fine in the end result.
  • > @petegajria_98343559 said: > AP was 3+ car lengths behind the other car and there were no bridges or shadows. Stopped using for now until an update is out."

There will never be a fix for Tesla's adaptive cruise as it is tied into "Full Self Driving" which cripples it with the phantom braking issues the drivers find so disconcerting and potentially dangerous.

If you want working adaptive cruise, you have to buy something other than a Tesla, at least as far as Model 3/Y is concerned.
  • Fish is a troll since 2016. You have been warned.
  • 2020.48.26 [the prior update 3 days ago] finally fixed the braking caused by the blinking yellow light at the fire station near my home. It has a new visualization of a blinking yellow and seems to be more aware of different light configurations. Also handled a neighborhood random blinking yellow and some random portable blinking speed limit sign that police put in the median. Also, a transition from black asphalt to concrete that forms a huge black triangle/diagonal used to cause a massive lane shift and that disappeared. So unexpected FSD improvements, we are all waiting for 3D FSD I thought.
  • > @paridon_98717261 said:
    > Just downloaded and installed. Looks like it’s frozen about a third of the way through the update. The current Software version ends in “ bad” on my screen and APP. Re-booted several times to no avail. Anyone else having install issues?

I had the same issue as well. Contacted Tesla and got the issue resolved by removing the dash cam USB stick prior to install. You can give this a try if you are still having issues.
  • 11 days later, no problems after the issues mentioned during the update. M3 LR RWD still the most awesomely wonderful car experience I have had. Re: usb, recently mine got full so i used option to delete everything.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @petegajria_98343559 said: > AP was 3+ car lengths behind the other car and there were no bridges or shadows. Stopped using for now until an update is out."
    >
    > There will never be a fix for Tesla's adaptive cruise as it is tied into "Full Self Driving" which cripples it with the phantom braking issues the drivers find so disconcerting and potentially dangerous.
    >
    > If you want working adaptive cruise, you have to buy something other than a Tesla, at least as far as Model 3/Y is concerned.

I don't find it disconcerting nor dangerous. And nor do you!
  • > @NorthValley said: > I don't find it disconcerting nor dangerous. And nor do you!

> @petegajria_98343559 said: > I did experience at least 2 hard braking/slowdowns while in AP which took me be surprise. AP was 3+ car lengths behind the other car and there were no bridges or shadows. Stopped using for now until an update is out
  • > @petegajria_98343559 said:
    > There is still however a very bad bug when watching Netflix or YouTube/YouTube TV when parked.
    > If you accidentally tap it so its full screen it will not register taps or attempts to exit (ie get to the X on the upper right)

Either your doing something wrong or they fixed in in 2020.48.30. A double tap brings up an arrow that exits full screen for me.
  • After the latest update the Tesla icon is nowhere to be found. The updated version ends with the word "bad." Does that mean anything? Also, even pre-update, the heat does not work very well. Is there a fix?
  • bad is just a hexadecimal coincidence. No one has reported problems with the heat. Mine works fine. What specifically do you think is wrong with your heat.
  • read the release notes and you’ll see that they have removed the T logo and put that information in the menu
  • > @HAL2001 said:
    > bad is just a hexadecimal coincidence. No one has reported problems with the heat. Mine works fine. What specifically do you think is wrong with your heat.

It does not get the car very warm when the outside temp is in the 30s or 40s when driving.