Model Y

Where’s the unlimited supercharging?

I was told that if I took delivery of my model before the end of the year I would have unlimited supercharging for a year. I don’t see that anywhere anyone else?

Comments

• I was told it will be enabled around 1-15-21 and be good for a year from then.
  • Also, if you used a referral code and got 1,000 miles for that in your loot box, it expires in 6 months, so you will want to take advantage of it before the unlimited kicks in, because it would really only cover these first 2 weeks in January and then the unlimited overrides it.
  • I saw an online article somewhere that stated it would show up around the 15th.
  • I got charged for my first Supercharge. I talked to my advisor, he said Tesla was overwhelmed and behind in updating accounts. Accounts will be updated soon and I should get a refund. I'll keep looking for it, hopefully before the 15th.
  • So, our MY was delivered to our home on the 31st, in the rain, in the dark. We parked it in the garage overnight, then went for our first drive the next day, on the 1st, to a supercharging station about 10 miles away and charged 120 miles or so.

When I view my account history online, I don't see any activity. Even if it was covered under the 1 year of free supercharging, I expected to see a log entry, if not for Tesla's needs, but for my record keeping.

Maybe I looked in the wrong place? This is all new.
  • > @Nino67 said:
    > I got charged for my first Supercharge. I talked to my advisor, he said Tesla was overwhelmed and behind in updating accounts. Accounts will be updated soon and I should get a refund. I'll keep looking for it, hopefully before the 15th.

I was told to not expect a refund. free supercharging begins after mid Jan 21
  • I used my own "owner's referral code" to order my new Model Y. So far I have 1000 referral miles in my Loot Box, but NOT the 2000 miles I should get as both the referral source and also buyer. FURTHER I also expect to see the FREE YEAR of Supercharging by mid-month. Also my Loot Box says the current 1000 miles does not expire until 2023! I have had several other referral credit 1000 mile awards and all had at least a couple years to use before expiration. Of course, Tesla "changes the rules" at a whim, but WE ALL NEED TO HOLD THEM TO BOTH THE YEAR OF FREE SUPERCHARGING AND THEN AFTER THAT THE 1OOO (OR MORE) MILES OF REFERRAL CHARGING CREDIT.
  • > @"George with SacEV" said:
    WE ALL NEED TO HOLD THEM TO BOTH THE YEAR OF FREE SUPERCHARGING AND THEN AFTER THAT THE 1OOO (OR MORE) MILES OF REFERRAL CHARGING CREDIT.

Sorry but this is like being promised a free beer when you order food, then being told you will get a free 6 pack, then insisting you are entitled to 7 free beers. C'mon.
  • My 1000 referral miles have an expiration date 6 months out.

I look forward to the 1 year free supercharging. Will these free miles overlap? Unknown. The way I figure, I've got 12 months of free supercharging, regardless of the miles. I'm not going to sweat it, either way.
  • threeputts, now, now. This all depends on what kind of beer we are taking about...…. :-)
  • I was promised same, heard same and have yet to see it anywhere in app or on account. Have you found it or received any clarification?
  • I too was promised free charging and am still waiting.
  • Just did my 4th Supercharge yesterday. Still no change in my Loot Box, since the first deduction of 110miles from my 1000 free referral miles.

Many of us have been told that the Free Supercharger update in our accounts wouldn't happen until after the middle of January...which would be today! Remember, though, Tesla timelines are totally unpredictable. We still don't know what that "credit" will LOOK like, though.
  • "When I view my account history online, I don't see any activity. Even if it was covered under the 1 year of free supercharging, I expected to see a log entry, if not for Tesla's needs, but for my record keeping."

during the time period I had free supercharging on my Model 3, there was no tracking of my charging sessions in the car, or on my owners page. I guess they don't find your record keeping important. What would you do with these records?