Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Warning on Tesmanian Floor Mats

Just a warning on the quality of the product...

I'm a Canadian customer and was looking to add extra protection to my Model Y to keep it new and in good condition, especially during the winter. I searched around for floor mats and found that the Tesmanian mats appeared to offer winter protection and claimed to be water proof. Unfortunately, I had them for just under two months and the driver side of the mat ripped and developed a long slit on the left side. I didn't notice this initially but then realized that water and mud had been seeping through. I contacted the company and advised them of the quality problem. I'm not certain but the product appears to be made of low quality HDPE plastic, which is not intended for car mats. Tesmanian initially asked me to take pictures and it appeared they would offer a replacement. However, shortly after they made excuses about it being my fault for having gap in the floor, having to clean the mats regularly, etc. They said it did not fall under their warranty. They then offered to give me a new set for a discount. My experience has been less than positive and frankly I am surprised that the company does not stand behind its products. I will not be shopping at Tesmanian for any Tesla accessories.

Comments

• Thank you for the info
  • Thanks for the info. I just ended up buying the moulded mats from the Tesla Shop. They look very close to the popular Weathertech product you see on TV.
    Weathertech only has the rear mat.
  • Thanks for sharing this. I've got it on order, and will be watching out for it.
  • I recommend the 3D Maxspider mats for the Model Y
  • +1 on the 3D Maxpider mats. The fit and utility are outstanding!
  • +1 on the 3D Maxpider mats too. Perfect fit, and they don’t look all rubbery, they have a nice texture to them.
  • As of two weeks ago, Weathertech had both front and rear in stock. I put them into my Y in the dealer's parking lot and have been pleased with them, thus far.
  • I’ve had the Tesmanian mats for about six months. No problem so far.
  • +1 on the 3D Maxpider mats. So nice! Got the whole set including frunk, trunk, etc. No issues so far, have had them 5 months.
  • > @Nino67 said:
    > Thanks for the info. I just ended up buying the moulded mats from the Tesla Shop. They look very close to the popular Weathertech product you see on TV.
    > Weathertech only has the rear mat.

I just ordered the 'Model Y All-Weather Interior Liners' from Tesla. According to Tesla, these are "made from a thermoplastic elastomer material with a strong rigid core for extreme-duty protection...". I have a feeling they will be stronger than the Tesmanian ones!

+1 to everyone for recommending the 3D Maxpider mats. They look much better than most, aesthetically speaking.
  • Tasmanian's website advertises floor mats for the Model Y that look exactly like the ones on Tesla's website...even to the point of using the same language Tesla uses to describe the construction. Are they in fact the same or should I heed the warnings earlier in this thread?
  • > @ScottAndersonMVMTLAB said:
    > As of two weeks ago, Weathertech had both front and rear in stock. I put them into my Y in the dealer's parking lot and have been pleased with them, thus far.

How is the fit? I was thinking about purchasing them as well from the Tesla shop. Debating.
  • The Tesmanian floor mats arrived in a big box, each piece wrapped separately. Each piece fits snugly and looks darn nice installed. Even has anti-slip padding on the underside.

Yes, the material is a bit thinner (and lighter) than the rubber-based mats. But, I think these will do fine for a while, especially if they are as easy to clean as claimed.
  • > @posinator_92599 said:
    > +1 on the 3D Maxpider mats. So nice! Got the whole set including frunk, trunk, etc. No issues so far, have had them 5 months.

I agree. They fit like a glove. A little finicky with the velcro when removing though. But I love them. I have the whole set as well.
  • Autailors mats is the way to go.
  • My Tesmanian floor mats (complete set) are now 4 months old. No problems. Have had them in and out for cleaning. Would recommend
  • Thanks for the info. I also have been putting my set from Tasmanian for 2 months now, and I am also in Canada. Will keep an eye on them to see how the snow/salt will do over the winter.
  • > @Nino67 said:
    > Thanks for the info. I just ended up buying the moulded mats from the Tesla Shop. They look very close to the popular Weathertech product you see on TV.
    > Weathertech only has the rear mat.

That's because they are. > @Ljshek said:
    > My Tesmanian floor mats (complete set) are now 4 months old. No problems. Have had them in and out for cleaning. Would recommend

> @Ljshek said:
    > My Tesmanian floor mats (complete set) are now 4 months old. No problems. Have had them in and out for cleaning. Would recommend

> @Ljshek said:
  • I agree. My Tasmanian (complete set) floor mats have been amazing.
  • My understanding is that the all weather mats on the Tesla website are made by Weathertech
  • We love the Tesmanian mats. Fit is better than weathertechs on a previous vehicle so we were looking for something better. These hit the mark in my opinion! Frontm, rear, frunk and trunk and deep well coverage has been without issues so far. Would definitely recommend this product. Thanks and good luck!
  • I bought the Tesmanian mats in July. Generally happy with them. They are thinner than the WeatherTech mats I had in my BMW. Someone mentioned non-slip backing and mine do not have that. This is my only complaint that they do slide a little bit but molded to fit the entire footwell means they don’t slide very far.