Energy Products

Powerwall: Two Peak times

In the winter months, our utility (Portland General) has two peak times (6AM-10AM and 5PM-8PM) with a shoulder (they call it mid-peak) in between. The time-based control settings for Powerwall in the Tesla app don't seem to support this. Anyone know a trick to add a second peak?

Comments

• I wish they would add this too! I'm in the same boat, with Salt River Project (SRP) in Arizona. What I originally did was to pick ONE of the utility peaks (I chose afternoon) and set that one as the (singular) Peak in the Tesla app. Then I set the time in between the start of the morning peak (5am) and evening peak as "Shoulder". So it over-priced the rate mid-day, but still left the evening/night as off-peak (which is correct).

But then I saw I'm consistently generating about 130% of my winter usage, so I changed the Tesla setting to be Self-Generated, and the only days I have issues are cloudy/rainy days. But those aren't terribly frequent in Phoenix, so it's been working that way.

Still though, I wish they'd allow multiple peaks to tell the App the "truth" about your rate plan, and then let it figure out what to do with all it's smarts
  • I too have same issue with SRP in AZ. I have resorted to just changing the peak at the end of each peak (at 9pm I set peak to 5am-9am and at 9am set peak to 5pm-9pm) which is a bit of a pain but I'm probably looking at app more than twice a day anyway. This effectively forced the 2 peaks in a day and it seems to work fine (battery goes into 5pm peak full charged, power is drown from grid from 9pm and then has plenty left for 5am-9am peak).
  • I would also encourage submitting a request to Tesla for multiple peaks (I did using [email protected]). They said if enough people requested it might get looked at...
  • > @scotsmanswan said:
    > I would also encourage submitting a request to Tesla for multiple peaks (I did using [email protected]). They said if enough people requested it might get looked at...

Thanks. I have emailed them requesting this feature.
  • I also find another problem with the proxy server that tesla use. I use https://hawk.live for my work with livescore in dota and noticed that i can`t connect to the site while in tesla. I thought that there was a problem with the site but then read that tesla used a nonstandard proxy and port for connecting that`s why i can`t log in the site. So just spent some time changing it and it`s working now. I think you have to try this solution too.