Cybertruck

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Hummer EV vs Cybertruck

2»

Comments

• I don’t have any confidence in GM’s ability to produce good vehicles.
  • > @akgolf said:
    > I don’t have any confidence in GM’s ability to produce good vehicles.

They produce great vehicles requiring servicing at the dealership
  • > @Maxxer said:
    > > @akgolf said:
    > > I don’t have any confidence in GM’s ability to produce good vehicles.
    >
    > They produce great vehicles requiring servicing at the dealership

No, they produce vehicles requiring servicing at the dealership.
  • Don't be so hard on GM, some of their vehicles are really quite remarkable. For example, my previous vehicle was an Escalade. I really liked everything about it. So much so that I kept each and every part that fell off of it in the wayback behind the third row of seats.
  • Cyber Taxi

Game over
  • I preordered 300

ROBO Taxi Miami inc
  • Based on the OP's specific criteria only, which is not the case, thus this discussion is completely pointless, but just for fun, on that criteria, easily, 10 times over, would have to choose the Hummer.

Tesla is a tech company that builds cars. Good quality cars. But, far from luxurious when comparing to actual Luxury brands. The Tesla, as always, will be very bare inside. Many love that. Elon clearly hates any type of clutter or excess.

But, when comparing overall features, if for the same price, there's simply no comparison. The Hummer will be 100 times over more "luxurious" in terms of features and materials.

The Hummer will likely be more capable off road. With its crab walk feature, also takes an edge. All the under vehicle cameras. Removable roof panels to make it a convertible. User friendliness will be superior in the Hummer as not EVERYTHING will have to be controlled from the center screen.

If bed space is a factor to you, Tesla wins hands down. Per OP's criteria, both have same same performance and range, which is usually what Tesla wins in when compared to others. Take that away and you get a bare bones, funky looking thing versus a very highly optioned luxury vehicle that looks bad ass. Of course, the looks part is purely subjective opinion to each person's taste.

But, in reality, Tesla wins big in the range category, charging infrastructure and automated driving capability. These are the primary reasons Tesla still beats out all of its competitors. When factoring in all else, I'm on the fence between the two. Hate the look of the Cybertruck and it hasn't grown on me one little bit. Personally, love the look of the Hummer. Thing's just bad ass, muscular (as a truck should be) and I love the added luxury features. All that keeps the Hummer in the running for me, despite it having less range and charging options. But, charging options are increasing daily. GM's Super Cruise feature is superior for those that just use it on the freeway, (comparing it to non FSD features of the Tesla) as it allows true hands-free driving and doesn't "nag" you very 13 seconds.

For me, the tipping point will likely be if the Cybertruck interior is more Model 3 versus Model S. If Model 3, I'm out. If Model S like (or comparable), then it's got a chance.
  • > @2015P90DI said:
    > Based on the OP's specific criteria only, which is not the case, thus this discussion is completely pointless, but just for fun, on that criteria, easily, 10 times over, would have to choose the Hummer.
    >
    > Tesla is a tech company that builds cars. Good quality cars. But, far from luxurious when comparing to actual Luxury brands. The Tesla, as always, will be very bare inside. Many love that. Elon clearly hates any type of clutter or excess.
    >
    > But, when comparing overall features, if for the same price, there's simply no comparison. The Hummer will be 100 times over more "luxurious" in terms of features and materials.
    >
    > The Hummer will likely be more capable off road. With its crab walk feature, also takes an edge. All the under vehicle cameras. Removable roof panels to make it a convertible. User friendliness will be superior in the Hummer as not EVERYTHING will have to be controlled from the center screen.
    >
    > If bed space is a factor to you, Tesla wins hands down. Per OP's criteria, both have same same performance and range, which is usually what Tesla wins in when compared to others. Take that away and you get a bare bones, funky looking thing versus a very highly optioned luxury vehicle that looks bad ass. Of course, the looks part is purely subjective opinion to each person's taste.
    >
    > But, in reality, Tesla wins big in the range category, charging infrastructure and automated driving capability. These are the primary reasons Tesla still beats out all of its competitors. When factoring in all else, I'm on the fence between the two. Hate the look of the Cybertruck and it hasn't grown on me one little bit. Personally, love the look of the Hummer. Thing's just bad ass, muscular (as a truck should be) and I love the added luxury features. All that keeps the Hummer in the running for me, despite it having less range and charging options. But, charging options are increasing daily. GM's Super Cruise feature is superior for those that just use it on the freeway, (comparing it to non FSD features of the Tesla) as it allows true hands-free driving and doesn't "nag" you very 13 seconds.
    >
    > For me, the tipping point will likely be if the Cybertruck interior is more Model 3 versus Model S. If Model 3, I'm out. If Model S like (or comparable), then it's got a chance.

Have you driven many miles in a Model 3 and get used to the simplicity of the interior?
  • Cybertruck for sure, can't beat tesla's charging network or software within their velhicles.
  • Not quite on point for this thread, but I saw a Rivian pickup in the wild yesterday. Not quite as goofy looking in person as is seemed in pictures.
  • > @CyberT said:
    > Apologies for overlooking in previous post and flying over board...I see now that BOTH are evs. Have you considered the charging networks that Tesla has. If you were to move to Europe and later Asia (China or Europe), you can possibly bring over your car and there would not be a problem with charging capabilities.

Actually they use a different variant of CCS charger so you wouldn't be able to charge the US Version of Hummer without a conversion or adapter in Europe or China.
  • > @"Daisy the Road Rocket" said:
    > Not quite on point for this thread, but I saw a Rivian pickup in the wild yesterday. Not quite as goofy looking in person as is seemed in pictures.

Rivian electric efficiency remains to be seen. Without a supercharging network that might be what limit the adoption for long hauls
  • Totally understand the charging network problem. I've checked out the other charging networks. Generally I have found them to be not working and/or ICEd. The industry really needs to get its act together. First they will actually want to have EVs succeed.
  • I want a truck that has at least a 6 foot bed and holds 6 people.

That is my only requirements for a truck.

It's a EV that's under 50k with AWD that's the same price as the competing trucks. It's a plus, not a need.

When I am going back to traveling cross country and I need something that holds gear and I can sleep in it if I need to at a campground.