General

Watching from afar, this is the biggest thing, if not bigger, than 9/11

Not being political, but storming of the sacred place of democracy is significant

Comments

• I truly hope that the fringe has come to the realization that playing with sedition is all fun and games until the fires start and the bullets start flying.
  • Has not happened since 1814.
  • I hope the FBI can identify those republican terrorists responsible (beyond Trump) and put these criminals in jail. Lots of video and internet posts should help. The gang of 6 in the Senate who supported sedition should be removed from office and charged with Treason as well.

I also have to wonder what happened with security. Clearly, there were many brave law enforcement personnel who slowed the republican terrorists, but there should have been 10 times as many at the start. Who was responsible for the lack of preparation? Were they supporting the terrorists?
  • Fun fact
    People who jump the WH fence get shot. Nothing personal.
  • >>> I also have to wonder what happened with security.
    Well, apparently the Capitol Police who were responsible for security requested help from the National Guard early on - but the request was denied. The National Guard reports to the Secretary of Defense, who reports to...the President.

There are also videos that appear to show Capitol Police dismantling barriers to allow the looters into the capitol. They're a bit confusing, because other demonstrators appear to be behind the police, so it's not clear exactly what's going on, but the videos are troubling and deserve investigation.

Bighorn -
    Not true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_White_House_security_breaches
    The vast majority are taken into custody without shots fired.
  • these people know nothing but the bullet. get it done. treason is treason. simple.
  • @Frank99

Reread what I said. And your link.
  • Nah...biggest thing was a 67% voter turnout, biggest in 120 years which rejected Trump/GOP and gave Democrats majorities in Congress.

America corrected the Trump/GOP mistake in huge display of democracy and clean elections in the most trying circumstance.
  • > @Frank99 said:
    > I truly hope that the fringe has come to the realization that playing with sedition is all fun and games until the fires start and the bullets start flying.

100%
  • I might argue it's bigger.

Maybe not in terms of national or global impact, but in terms of significance, since it came from within.
  • EV owners would never have done such a thing.
  • It's embarrassing that our President caused this just because he is a big baby. People died. If he had any sense left in him he would accept responsibility of his actions and resign. But we all know he will never do that.
  • > @father_of_6 said:
    > EV owners would never have done such a thing.

Of course not, we're part of the smart, civilized crowd.
  • When a large population has been brainwashed into a cult that feeds off conspiracies, that’s a mental health problem of epic proportions. I spent 40 years in the conspiracy world. Regardless, if you don’t keep that curiosity in check than your 9 to 5 world becomes a world of delusion that becomes a bottomless pit that eventually you can’t get out of. Both parties need to unite to cure these people through education.
  • We are strong and resilient. A little something to put a smile on your face:

https://twitter.com/RandyRainbow/status/1347559049668268035?s=20
  • > @"Magic 8 Ball" said:
    > We are strong and resilient. A little something to put a smile on your face:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/RandyRainbow/status/1347559049668268035?s=20

Thanks, that was funny.
  • Y’all crack me up really. Yeah the storming of the capitol during the Kavanaugh hearing was just awful and so was the bailout of criminals funded in part by the Democratic Party and the soon to be VP. The burning of DC in June OMG someone get me a fan as I’m About to pass out! Oh the inhumanity! Just a suggestion, go back and listen to the speech! Oh and I hope you have been following the news especially CNN on whom they are arresting- ciao🤷🏾‍♀️
  • edited January 16
    > @awodele_98642044 said: > Y’all crack me up really."

A bit different when President of US incites a mob to storm US capitol to overturn an election and use mob rule and violence to install an white supremacist dictator.

That's insurrection and that will be the charge.

200 arrested so far and Trump will likely be one of them.
  • Fish is the biggest fan of Trump and lies just like him.
  • Fish sounds like those homophobic politicians who try to take away people's rights, and then have an underage lover of the same sex.