General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Porsche Taycan Sets Record.. DESTROY's Tesla

Comments

• Next time they will charge it from a semi truck with a tether while in motion.
  • That's not a bad idea. How about relatively small battery modules that can be swapped out by drones while the car is in motion?
  • > @Spuzzz said: There probably aren’t that many evs that have attempted it."

If the Porsche can do it, which it is has demonstrated in several real world drives it can do easily, then any EV could make the "Cannonball Run" using the EA chargers.

Nice demo by the Porsche.
  • They couldn’t get the EA chargers to work. Same as the 11k mile trip. Had to call Porsche to get power to flow. I guess they’re used to that as it’s been described here as SOP for years, lauding the operators for their generosity. Sounds awful—arriving and wondering if it’s going to work. Having to call and trouble shooting every stop. I’d never take a trip again. Certainly not 80k miles a year.
  • > @Bighorn said: > They couldn’t get the EA chargers to work."

EA chargers worked well enough to beat the Tesla chargers...other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was your Cannonball Run.
  • A dedicated pit crew on virtual standby at every stop that ran current levels balls to the wall without any concern for battery damage. We know.
  • > @Bighorn said: > A dedicated pit crew on virtual standby at every stop that ran current levels balls to the wall without any concern for battery damage."

Typical Cannonball with the film crews etc. You can't complain that gimmick events have gimmicks
  • Cannonball ICE run records are always set by modified vehicles, and human and technology support. Huge supplemental fuel tanks. Lead car runners to locate speed traps. GPS devices out the wazoo. Radar jamming devices.
  • In a fair race the Tesla would win this BS race and you know it,
  • > @blkice said:
    > In a fair race the Tesla would win this BS race and you know it,
    >

That’s not what happened.
  • > @Darthamerica said:
    > > @blkice said:
    > > In a fair race the Tesla would win this BS race and you know it,
    > >
    >
    > That’s not what happened.

That’s my point it wasn’t fair and you know that too
    They are both great cars but the Tesla is better at cross country trips which is what this BS race is all about
  • Fair race. Like a certified election. This dick thinks Trump is president for life and Taycan is a sports car because Porsche said so in their ad. Not a thinker or patriotic.
  • > @blkice said: > In a fair race the Tesla would win this BS race and you know it"

It was a "fair" race and Porsche won but its just a PR stunt. Tesla can win next week, still a PR stunt.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > He died of sepsis from a nursing home. Covid did impact where he could go for treatment. One year anniversary coming up.
    > Classy when cornered. Just like having sex with octogenarian parents of people who routinely school you here. Might talk to your VA therapist about rage issues.

I’m not the one with rage issues, go read above and see who keeps insulting people first in every thread. Stay on topic. If you’re not over your dad dying then stay off of the forums until you learn to stop taking it out on everyone “doctor”. You wish you or anyone else could “school me”.

I told you Taycan could beat Model S coast to coast. I told you EA and CCS charging would be sufficient for that. I told you Taycan beats any Tesla in any race 1/4 mile or other. I told you it can be had for under $200,000. All of that has proven true. Class is dismissed.
  • Well, @darth, your vitriol and outlet of expression fit what you have shown all of us elsewhere. @bighorn put it in a way that points out how you process information and what you view as assaults on your set of beliefs. You lash out and retreat to your narrative when your “core beliefs” are challenged, as you see it. Classic behaviors as seen in psychiatric analysis.

Sorry that you had such a comment made about you and your father, @bighorn. Crosses a line. I know you are able to put such attempts at being hurtful in their place, but it should be recognized by everyone on all sides of this discussion that @darth is in no way a person who wishes to contribute to the community here. Nearly everyone else here understands the Rules of Engagement and that differences of opinion have their place, and that certain lines should not be crossed.

Curious at what point @darth gets removed from the Forum.
  • That sanity line was crossed on January 6 when he saw a national coup as a reasonable option for someone who has sworn an oath to the Constitution. Slippery slope.
  • Funny how @darth — who is eager for “debate” — is unwilling to concede defeat when it is handed to him, and yet is a natural part of debate. Rules need not apply to him and he values those who would similarly act.

Authoritarianism, @darth be thy name.
  • Thread title should be "Uber expensive Modified Porsche with full factory support and enhanced charging network, beats stock Tesla in cross country time trial."
  • > @"Uncle Paul" said:
    > Thread title should be "Uber expensive Modified Porsche with full factory support and enhanced charging network, beats stock Tesla in cross country time trial."

Nailed it :)
  • > @"Uncle Paul" said: > Thread title should be "Uber expensive Modified Porsche with full factory support and enhanced charging network, beats stock Tesla in cross country time trial."

Porsche 4S Loaded $130k
    Model S Loaded $110k

Fair to say the Porsche is a much better value as well as as a much better car with many more features.