General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Porsche Taycan Sets Record.. DESTROY's Tesla

Comments

• > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > A real world test would be a current off the showroom floor Taycan and a current off the factory floor Model S, driving the same route at the same time, at say 10 over the posted speed limit, and with no manufacturer support just like a real person. Who ever gets to the Santa Monica pier first, wins.

It’s not a “test”. It’s an open challenge that anyone In any vehicle can take a shot at. Doesn’t really matter which is first although Taycan is the current leader. What’s really important is that there are multiple EV options capable of doing this. And because we have a sample size > 1, we can get an idea where the EV state of the art is at. Currently about ~45 hours. From here we can watch as newer technologies push that number lower and lower. Interesting that ICE can do it in ~27 hours. It shows how much farther EVs have to go to before they are truly equal to ICE.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > A real world test would be a current off the showroom floor Taycan and a current off the factory floor Model S, driving the same route at the same time, at say 10 over the posted speed limit, and with no manufacturer support just like a real person. Who ever gets to the Santa Monica pier first, wins.

Agree 100%. Modified cars make a different point than "which one is best".
  • Go away darth
    Crawl back under your rock
  • Leaving "real world" off the word "test" changes the meaning of the point being made.

Arguing the altered meaning of that point is senseless.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Leaving "real world" off the word "test" changes the meaning of the point being made.
    >
    > Arguing the altered meaning of that point is senseless.

What you can’t argue with is that Taycan has done the cannonball run faster than any Tesla. Just like The Ring and the 1/4 mile. No other EV outperforms Taycan period. The bar is set.
  • Not my point either.
  • > @Darthamerica said:
    > > @Spuzzz said:
    > > > @Darthamerica said:
    > > >
    > > > I think your dad died following bad China Virus advice from you “doctor”.
    > >
    > > You absolutely crossed the line. I don’t know his situation but if his father died fairly recently, you are a complete shithead. I could care less about this debate about cross country races. BH handled it well but this is beyond what even Howard or Fish would do. Welcome to new troll territory.
    >
    > Hey, screw your line, you and his dad. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Your response is predictable, @darth. You see that there is a difference between your perception of your "stature" here and reality. Leads to lashing out and acting out. Also leads to inconsistencies in your posts.

If you need proof, one need go no further than the fact that you proudly provided us with your declaration of being the "MVP of the Forum". Proof positive of your set of beliefs, and how you have to struggle with the cognitive dissonance.

Interesting.
  • What’s interesting is that YOU can’t stop yourself from talking about ME. Face it, you’re obsessed! I am your MVP.
  • The Taycan won the race fair and square. If was a completely open and fair race. Stop with all the conspiracy theories, unfounded allegations of fraud and "stealing" the race, and the claims of "illegitimacy" and calls for an "asterisk".

We should all join together and get behind the legitimate EV Cannonball Run champion.
  • And the personal insults are atrocious. I'll call out Darth for going way over the line, but there is plenty of blame to go around. I've said some things I wish I had not. We can disagree, but let's try to keep it a little more civil in all the threads.
  • > @Darthamerica said:
    > What you can’t argue with is that Taycan has done the cannonball run faster than any Tesla. ***Just like The Ring***

Not that it is really indicative of anything, a Tesla lapped the ring in 7:13. Which Taycan did it faster?
  • > @RedShift said:
    > The day you go away or get banned, Darth, I bet you we are all going to have a virtual party.
    >
    > No, you won’t be invited.

You don’t have to wait for that, you can all practice what you preach and ignore me. But you can’t do it because you’re obsessed. If I got banned I think it’s more likely you’d suffer separation anxiety!
  • > @tes-s said:
    > And the personal insults are atrocious. I'll call out Darth for going way over the line, but there is plenty of blame to go around. I've said some things I wish I had not. We can disagree, but let's try to keep it a little more civil in all the threads.

I offered them civility a year ago. They can’t handle it. Let’s see them prove me wrong. Otherwise I can cut much deeper. Especially since another prevarication was revealed today.
  • > @PteRoy said:
    > The Porsche Taycan just completed the cannonball run from New York to L.A, a record previously held by Tesla.
    >
    > The Porsche Taycan tdid it without the use of Tesla Supercharger network and instead used the E.A network. They did it with a car with an EPA rating of nearly half of Tesla's and they did it in a far less efficient vehicle in the middle of winter, vs the Tesla who set the record in the summer.
    >
    > "Taycan proved to be a massively capable road-tripping machine. Its interior was near-silent, provided a fantastic ride quality, and even had massaging seats—the epitome of a German luxury sedan meant to break records like this."
    >
    > https://www.thedrive.com/news/38578/a-porsche-taycan-just-beat-tesla-for-the-fastest-ev-cannonball-run-record
    >
    >
    >
    >

Custom modified vehicle to charge faster.
    Good for Porsche.
    That was a good timing to eat the record before the Roadster 2.0 is released.
    Now, this will be some Usain Bolt step forward record setting.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @Darthamerica said:
    > > What you can’t argue with is that Taycan has done the cannonball run faster than any Tesla. ***Just like The Ring***
    >
    > Not that it is really indicative of anything, a Tesla lapped the ring in 7:13. Which Taycan did it faster?
    >
    >

That’s not a production car you can buy. It actually was modified with engineering support in the way they accused Taycan of being. So Taycan is the EV king of the ring for production vehicles. Hopefully a production MS Plaid can change that at some point in the future.
  • > @Darthamerica said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > > @Darthamerica said:
    > > > What you can’t argue with is that Taycan has done the cannonball run faster than any Tesla. ***Just like The Ring***
    > >
    > > Not that it is really indicative of anything, a Tesla lapped the ring in 7:13. Which Taycan did it faster?
    > >
    > >
    >
    > That’s not a production car you can buy.

You didn’t say that, you said “any Tesla.” Precision matters.
  • You can’t buy the ring Tesla and you can’t buy the Cannonball Taycan. Let’s decide the standard.
  • > @Bighorn said:> You can’t buy the ring Tesla and you can’t buy the Cannonball Taycan. “

Actually you can buy the same model Taycan with same equipment while Tesla’s “Ring world” machines was indeed a one of.

Only people from EA were on speed dial, the same 24/7 800 number on the chargers.
  • “ Only people from EA were on speed dial, the same 24/7 800 number on the chargers.”

You claim this how?
  • Both the Cannonball Taycan and the Ring Taycan were both modified. Are you sure you want to be known as being "out of the water", @fish out of water? This is all very old news.