General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Porsche Taycan Sets Record.. DESTROY's Tesla

Comments

• > @Bighorn said:
    > You can’t buy the ring Tesla and you can’t buy the Cannonball Taycan. Let’s decide the standard.

False statement.
  • > @SbMD said:
    > Both the Cannonball Taycan and the Ring Taycan were both modified. Are you sure you want to be known as being "out of the water", @fish out of water? This is all very old news.

Misleading statement.
  • > @Darthamerica said:
    > > @SbMD said:
    > > Both the Cannonball Taycan and the Ring Taycan were both modified. Are you sure you want to be known as being "out of the water", @fish out of water? This is all very old news.
    >
    > Misleading statement.

They were both modified and it is broadcast knowledge. How is that misleading?
  • Interesting that you wouldn't be specific, but rather post up a terse statement which is easily -- and previously -- shown to be wrong.

It is because it flies against your core beliefs that you have built up, and while you want to defend those beliefs intellectually, you cannot resolve the difference between what you hold and what is known.

Again, very telling, @darth. Please post more.
  • > @SbMD said: > Both the Cannonball Taycan and the Ring Taycan were both modified.”

No mention of any modification other than the Nav unit not working, not exactly a mod.

Where do you see other modifications?
  • Huh, you mean that you missed the fact that Porsche broadcast that the cars were modified for power output and the suspensions adjusted? How about the ways that they modified weight in the cars for each?

Did you miss that in the different write-ups?

Wow, no wonder you are so ill-informed about this.

Maybe it is best that you do a bit more due diligence before posting. It would be a shame to continue to come off as less than informed. Might make it seem like you are lying, right?

Besides, who would believe you at that point if they felt either you were not informed, lying, or both?

You are most welcome, @fish. Good luck with your research and learning more about this topic.
  • All of this is old, old news, @fish.

Everyone else is aware of it. Well, except you and @darth, it appears. But @darth has a short memory, and one that is easily revised as he sees fit.

Is that your issue as well?
  • > @SbMD said:
    > > @Darthamerica said:
    > > > @SbMD said:
    > > > Both the Cannonball Taycan and the Ring Taycan were both modified. Are you sure you want to be known as being "out of the water", @fish out of water? This is all very old news.
    > >
    > > Misleading statement.
    >
    > They were both modified and it is broadcast knowledge. How is that misleading?

Neither car was modified in any way that affected the outcome in a way that can’t be reproduced by customers which is what you’re trying to imply.
  • No. @darth. Modifiying power output, suspensions, and weight will change the car beyond spec.

Wait, didn't you try to tell us that you are an "expert" with respect to sports cars?

This is Sports Car 101 level stuff... not exactly the subtleties of camber and tires.

Are you now cordoning off even the most basic information on subjects in order to satisfy your cognitive errors required to support your ego and superego's preservation?

Interesting!
  • I expected that kind of stupid ass response from you. Note that I said...

“Neither car was modified in any way that affected the outcome in a way that can’t be reproduced by customers which is what you’re trying to imply.”

...you’re arrogant lecturing style of writing doesn’t hide the fact that you’re a disingenuous Tesla fanboi. The bottom line is that Taycan is faster in a race than Model S or any other Tesla whether it’s 1/4 mile or 2500 miles. Moreover it’s unimpeded by charging infrastructure or range.

Porsche built the superior, more luxurious, more technologically advanced and better made EV sports car. And it seems that every 1-3 months someone does something with a Taycan that further proves that.

Hopefully Tesla recognizes these shortcomings and offers a worthy competitor in the sports car category. Right now, they don’t. If Model S Plaid is just a one time 0-60 marketing gimmick that a driver has to monkey around with while the car warms up like it is done now and 100 extra miles of range then it still won’t be enough. I wonder if this is why Model S Plaid got delayed in addition to the overly optimistic initial 2020 timeline. Maybe they saw Taycan on The Ring, at Nardo and on the drag strip, said gimmicks won’t work, and took more time to make a proper practical sports car. This isn’t easy to do, especially without a history of racing to leverage.
  • Gosh, @darth. What happened to your vowing that you wouldn't respond to me? We all know that you can't help yourself when your delicate ego and superego are at risk!

You still turn a blind eye to the facts in order to serve your narrative. See how quickly you transition from your blind argument to filling the page with your script? The latter serves to protect your psyche.

Fascinating!
  • > @SbMD said:
    > Gosh, @darth. What happened to your vowing that you wouldn't respond to me? We all know that you can't help yourself when your delicate ego and superego are at risk!
    >
    > You still turn a blind eye to the facts in order to serve your narrative. See how quickly you transition from your blind argument to filling the page with your script? The latter serves to protect your psyche.
    >
    > Fascinating!

Don’t lie to or flatter yourself. I never vowed anything. I stated specific conditions for engaging with you. You made a easy to spot misleading statement. Low hanging fruit.
  • You're boring.
  • And there it is, @darth. Exactly what I expected.

You didn't have to reply, but your psyche leaves you no choice. You can't help but keep taking steps to neutralize the opinion of anyone that might counter your own efforts to bolster your stature.

You didn't have to say anything, and most certainly something as banal as "You're boring". Simply put, if I was that "boring" to you, why even respond? You have more than enough experience in trying to "trigger" me to see that "boring" -- or any insult -- has no effect on me. But that's because you needed to say it for you... not me.

No doubt, you will need to embark on an even more grand effort, to prove without a shadow of a doubt that you are as important as you think you are. And as proof positive, all one has to do is go over to the COVID thread to see your extensive "warning post". That one is so grandiose, it is the natural extension of your need to portray the vision that you hold a place of "privilege".

Intriguing.
  • This actually comes full circle to the OP.

The Taycan to you is admittedly about privilege, exclusivity, and all the things that you seek to project, @darth. You have also made these points about the Taycan in earlier posts.

It also explains why you start threads about it, defend it, and build narratives which often run counter to the facts.

Again, intriguing. This must play into why you are a Porsche Experience Broker.
  • While I applaud your attempt @SbMD, I’m guessing you will get nowhere with the minuscule patriot.

Probably recovering from his assault on the Capitol.

#sedition
  • @NKYTA - I don't seek to change his thought process, as it was apparent thousands (literally) of posts ago that his cognitive processes are flawed.
  • Like a car salesman from hell
    Darthtoamerica, buy now die later
  • > @SbMD said: > Huh, you mean that you missed the fact that Porsche broadcast that the cars were modified for power output and the suspensions adjusted?

These are menu choices on controls of all Taycans. Nothing special about theTaycan used.
  • I think they modified it with massage seats and 400 extra lbs of passengers. It’s interesting that the driver is the same person who did it in the Model 3 Long Range.
  • > @Darthamerica said: > I think they modified it with massage seats and 400 extra lbs of passengers. It’s interesting that the driver is the same person who did it in the Model 3 Long Range. "

Massage seats are a feature any Taycan buyer can order. So nothing special there.
  • Nobody bought anything. Won fair and square. No cheating, no fraud. Stop trying to de-certify the results of a legitimate race. Stop with the conspiracy theories. Time for us to come together and move forward, with all of us accepting the legitimate winner as our champion.
  • > @tes-s said:
    > Nobody bought anything. Won fair and square. No cheating, no fraud. Stop trying to de-certify the results of a legitimate race. Stop with the conspiracy theories. Time for us to come together and move forward, with all of us accepting the legitimate winner as our champion.

I accepted it a long time ago...

“Darthamerica
    Posted December 2019
    Also, Taycan’s times are based on today’s EA network. In 2020 as the network gets closer to the 70 mile target, and with Porsche dealerships and 350kW charging, Taycan is likely to also beat Model S LR Raven and Model 3 LR in a Cannonball Run.”

...turns out I was right.