General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Porsche Taycan Sets Record.. DESTROY's Tesla

Comments

• For the first time ever, Fish has a point.
  • Rupert Stadler was 11 years Audi CEO, long rumored to become the new VW Group CEO and is indicted because of the Diesel scandal

Stadler about the responsible Engineers

"Camouflage and deception have long been part of a culture of work, and perhaps a culture of fear"

If they had "dropped their pants" Stadler said and revealed their knowledge back in the fall of 2015, Audi would have been spared a lot.

https://twitter.com/alex_avoigt/status/1349420484463648770?s=21
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > It’s just a jokey event. Tesla can “win” next week.

And taycan could take it back a week later. At this point it’s about who wants to go to the trouble to own a record for a few weeks. Not technically difficult to achieve if you’re willing to endure some planning and the long hectic roadtrip on your own time and dime. And get somewhat lucky with things out of your control, like traffic.
  • Or accidents
  • Or "luck" as in a string of EA chargers that actually work.
  • So, the Taycan beat the record using the current EA charging locations compared to the then available Tesla chargers in Aug 2019 and not using spotters in 2019 like they did for this recent Taycan run....

Ya, that's a fair comparison.

Even Insideevs said this run was really to prove how fast you can go across country using the CSS charging at EA's chargers. So even their own headline is misleading. Perhaps if they simply said, "Cross Country in 44 hrs 25 min via EA chargers", they wouldn't get any blow back. Their headline infers this was a speed test/comparison to a Tesla. If that was their goal, then they would have had a Taycan and a Tesla head out on the same route at the same time.
  • > @"Daisy the Road Rocket" said:
    > Or "luck" as in a string of EA chargers that actually work.

Just curious, have you used any of the EA chargers that are out there? I would really think that most of them work 100% of the time. Kind of like the Tesla chargers work 100% most of the time.
  • > @tldickerson said: > Just curious, have you used any of the EA chargers that are out there? I would really think that most of them work 100% of the time. Kind of like the Tesla chargers work 100% most of the time."

I have and your statement is correct.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > > @"Daisy the Road Rocket" said:
    > > Or "luck" as in a string of EA chargers that actually work.
    >
    > Just curious, have you used any of the EA chargers that are out there? I would really think that most of them work 100% of the time. Kind of like the Tesla chargers work 100% most of the time.

The fact that the DCFC non-Tesla stations seem to be inconsistent on power output, operational status, and paucity of sites on meaningful long-distance routes, it will be years, if ever, before they approach what Tesla has today.
  • > @rxlawdude said: > The fact that the DCFC non-Tesla stations seem to be inconsistent on power output, operational status, and paucity of sites on meaningful long-distance routes."

Except your speculation is not factual as Porsche and Tesla can attest. EA works as well as Tesla.

https://imgur.com/QkrFZQU
  • Still waiting for Daisy to reply to her remark.
  • It's is known fact that EA has problems with their chargers not working and people having to call them to make it work. Even Fish had his moments with EA but conveniently forgot.
  • I would buy a $50k Taycan over a $50k Model 3 any day, if they had similar range and supercharging stations.

Do they?
  • Porsche couldnt sell the Taycan for $50k without incurring serious losses.
  • And with all that, Taycan and EA hold the cross-country record.
  • > @Pungoteague_Dave said: > No one has been able to find an EA charger that works up to spec so far in any published review that I have been able to find."

Except those who use EA chargers.

Here's a Ford Mustang EV charging at EA and via the plug and play tech.

"Watch Ford Mustang Mach-E Demonstrate Its Plug&Charge Technology"

https://insideevs.com/news/460304/ford-mustang-mach-e-plugcharge/
  • @tes-s

“And with all that, Taycan and EA hold the cross-country record.”

Missed the part where they modified the charger and the car, did you? At every stop.
  • Caveat: my data was about a year ago.
    I make a habit of stopping at chargers, just to see what the competition is doing. In numerous visits to sites (EA and others) I was only able to find one site where all of the stations appeared to be working. Many had stations that were non-responsive. Of the responsive ones, there were damaged handles. Since there is no traffic at these chargers, plenty of the slots were ICED. One of those had clearly been there for weeks. All of that is before trying to get the apparently functioning unit to connect to the car, authorize, and deliver current.
  • > @RedShift said:
    > @tes-s
    >
    > “And with all that, Taycan and EA hold the cross-country record.”
    >
    > Missed the part where they modified the charger and the car, did you? At every stop.

Stop with the conspiracy theories already.
    No fraud
    Race was not stolen
    Stop with the "not my winner" nonsense
    No cheating
    No need for an "asterisk"

The Taycan won the race fair and square. Of course rich and powerful corporations gave their full support and did everything possible to drag them across the line in record time. They suppressed any traffic that would negatively impact their competitor, and enhanced charging and everything that would positively impact their competitor.

That is what we call winning fair and square in this country. Now let's all come together and support OUR new champion, and root for Taycan's success. Taycan is the champion for all of us, not just those that were rooting for it.
  • Keep your day job
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > Keep your day job
    ------------------------
    this is it
  • > @tes-s said:

>
    > That is what we call winning fair and square in this country. Now let's all come together and support OUR new champion, and root for Taycan's success. Taycan is the champion for all of us, not just those that were rooting for it.

What’s all this WE and US talk? You got a turd in your pocket?
  • Yes - WE. US. It is OUR champion. The champion for all of us, not just those that were rooting for the Taycan.

The race is over. Let's all come together now and unite behind our champion.