Solar Roof

Priority 1 office?

I placed my order back on 11/11. I promptly uploaded pics and utility statements. I was originally told this whole process would take 3-4 months. It's been 2 months and I'm still waiting for designs. I've emailed my project advisor a couple of times asking for when I should expect those. Her reply both times was that I'm in a Priority 1 office and that I'm already in the highest priority group, so there's no better spot to be in. What does that mean?

Comments

• Sorry to say, It means there are still others ahead of you. There is tremendous demand for the solar roof, and Tesla is scaling up as fast as they can. COVID and winter weather have likely slowed installs too.

For me, it was worth the wait. It took about 4 months from the signed order (not the reservation) to completed installation. One month delay was due to weather, which was fine with me.
  • I placed my order on June 11 and also quickly provided everything they needed to get going. They just started installing today and will be done in two weeks, so my timeframe is about 7½ months.
  • Thanks for the replies. I'm just curious what "Priority 1 Office" means?

Even though they stated 3-4 months initially, my expectations have changed to probably more like 6-8 months. One of my neighbors placed his order beginning of Aug, and now has a roof tear off date of 2/1 and install on 3/1. So he's right at that 6-7 month timeframe. My only time constraint is the re roof is part of an insurance claim due to a major hail storm that totaled my asphalt roof at the beginning of Aug. I essentially have a year from the incident to wrap up my claim. I think I'll be ok timing wise.

Also, how long has it been taking recently to get designs? My neighbor said his was less than a month. I'm now sitting at 2 months and nothing.
  • Emailed my project advisor to see if there was any updates. She replied back and said they have dropped my area from high priority (1) down to medium priority (2) area. So I guess that is what she meant when she referenced Priority 1 Office, meant high priority area.
  • > @Lakersfreak said:
    > I placed my order on June 11 and also quickly provided everything they needed to get going. They just started installing today and will be done in two weeks, so my timeframe is about 7½ months.

Where are you? I'm in So Cal (OC) and have been waiting for years.
  • I'm in LA and they just finished installing everything today.