Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

2021 Model Y WeatherTech Mats?

I love Weathertech mats and get them on all my cars. Unfortunately they dont have 2021 mats for Model Y yet. I emailed them and they said if I buy the 2020 mats and they dont fit, I can return but I would end up paying cost of shipping. Anyone know if the 2020 mats fit 2021 Model Y? Also on their site, they do show 2 different front seat bracket mounts for 2020. Anyone here get the 2020 for their 2021 Model Y from Weathertech?

Comments

• I believe the all weather mats on the Tesla website are made by Weathertech. Just order them from the Tesla store.
  • I bought and installed the Tesmanian mats for my 2021 MY. They're about half the price of Weathertech mats and look and fit exactly the same.
  • Both the Weathertech and Tesla all weather mats don’t cover the dead pedal. The fit is mediocre. I replaced them with Maxpider liners. Much better fit, better material, and the cover the dead pedal. They fit either the M3 orY.
  • I got my Model Y in December 2020. I immediately bought the WeatherTech mats, and the backseat were a perfect fit. However, my car has the revised seat brackets for the front seats as I suspect you do too. Thus, the WeatherTech front mats did not really fit when it met the seating area. It was a bit of an awkward fit as it was short. It could work, but it just looks so strange. So I sent them back. I have scoured the internet for some answers, not much luck. I suspect that the ones on the Tesla website made by WeatherTech are also for the old mount. Thus, I am waiting on an update from WeatherTech. When I spoke with them they said it was being worked on, and they said they would send them to me without having to pay for shipping this time. BTW, when I sent the wrong ones back, they emailed me a pre-paid FedEx label that I put on the box they sent it to me in. BTW, I also looked at the 3D MAXpider mats and it says right on Amazon "Does NOT Fit 2021 Model with Updated Front Seat Rail."
  • I got 3dmax from costco canada and they fit perfect. model y performance. I recall somewhere that the configuration of the old or new brackets is one of the options you choose from when placing the order as well as the year of the vehicle so they are aware of the two configurations based on what seat brackets you have
  • Are their any all season floor mats available for MY 7 passenger yet?
  • I have the 3D Max mats. They fit great and they have a texture to them, they are waterproof, but don’t look like rubber mats. They look nicer than the Weathertech mats in my Explorer.
  • > @RajTO said:
    > I love Weathertech mats and get them on all my cars. Unfortunately they dont have 2021 mats for Model Y yet. I emailed them and they said if I buy the 2020 mats and they dont fit, I can return but I would end up paying cost of shipping. Anyone know if the 2020 mats fit 2021 Model Y? Also on their site, they do show 2 different front seat bracket mounts for 2020. Anyone here get the 2020 for their 2021 Model Y from Weathertech?

I have a 2021 Model 3. I was looking on the RPMTesla site, and for the 2021 mats they sell, and they had choices for the year for certain combinations of mats, but they specified that only the frunk mat was different for 2021; so, I checked their model Y mats, and they don't say anything at all about the year. From that, I would guess that the years don't matter.
  • Avid WeatherTech mat fan, for multiple cars owned but decided on SuperLiner All weather mats, for our new Y. Got complete set for entire Y at 1/3rd the price. Perfect fit, in all areas, not as stiff and has the lip edges to retain liquids, if there is ever a spill. Will see if they hold up as well but so far very pleased.
  • Just got my 3D maxpider mats and the driver mat doesn’t fit well at all. I’m returning them tomorrow.
  • > @Walkabout said:
    > Just got my 3D maxpider mats and the driver mat doesn’t fit well at all. I’m returning them tomorrow.

super surprised.....my fit perfect. there were 2 different versions depending on the bracket your seat has, maybe you got the wrong one
  • From Teslarati website.

“NOTE: Some very recent 2021 Model Y builds may have a tapered front driver's seat rail design. TESLARATI is working with the 3D MAXpider team on manufacturing an updated driver's seat mat that will accommodate this tapered area (approx 0.75"-1") and will guarantee exchanges of the front row mats for purchases made between February - March 2021. Please email [email protected] with your Order # and photos of the mat against the front seat rails for review.”
  • That news on their site must be old since the updated pedestal designe happened on the late 2020 models. Only supplier that has a real way of determining you will get the correct mats is Weather tech as they show a photo and ask what you have. See here https://www.weathertech.ca/en/tesla/2020/model-y/floorliner-digitalfit/
  • So what exactly is the change to the rail, and is it clear why the change was made?