General

3 month trial FSD - 2020

I received 1 year of free supercharging and 3 month trial for FSD from the recent purchase of Model Y.

I love FSD, and I think I will purchase it after the trial ends, but when is the last day of my trial period? What are my purchase option - do I have to pay 10k at once?

Comments

• Elon Musk has stated that FSD will be available by subscription sometime in early 2021.
  • Yeah, I heard that too. I can't decide whether a subscription will be worth it or not until we know the fee. But, I think I'm ok to buy FSD then it will add my car value as the subscription fee wouldn't count
  • Yes, you have to pay all at once. If your Tesla account doesn’t show when the trial ends, just wait for it to expire and then buy it, or just buy it now if you’re sure you want it.
  • I don’t think I’ll get the subscription.. rather just pay the 10k...a subscription of 100 bucks a month means break even point is about 8 years. So you’d have to keep your car for longer than that to justify buying it for 10k assuming that’s the subscription rate...if the rate is 50 bucks a month than I’d get the subscription
  • Also think about when you sell, your FSD will count towards your value of car - you don't get nothing from subscription (hopefully Tesla has solution for that when they announce FSD subscription)
  • Update from today, I can see my expiration date on my car it says FSD expires on 4/1/2021
  • > @lorem0125 said:
    > Also think about when you sell, your FSD will count towards your value of car - you don't get nothing from subscription (hopefully Tesla has solution for that when they announce FSD subscription)

Yes, but you won’t get back the $10k you paid. It will depend on the subscription cost and how long you actually keep the car.
  • I had the FSD disappear yesterday! Now available under the upgrades portion. Took delivery 12/30 and it was there until yesterday. Who do I call to inquire about the remainder of the 3 months?
  • ezzat.mankarious_98538316,

Just use the contact link at the bottom of the Tesla website. You could also try contact your sales adviser.
  • I think the subscription on the "Full Self Driving" is the way to go. Hopefully it can be turned off and on monthly as needed/wanted.

You'd never recover the $10k cost of the purchase but a buyer would know they could get the feature if wanted to without paying the $10k. Should help resale.

Even and FSD skeptic like myself would give it a try.
  • I like the subscription model as well... a buyer can always purchase it later. It may realistically be another decade before it's actually safe enough for full autonomous driving.