General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Has anyone not gone to service center after your delivery of Tesla?

2»

Comments

• I've been to a Tesla Service Center once in 2-1/2 years of ownership of my 2018 May Model S, to take care of two issues on the same visit:
    1. My wife drove out of the garage far enough to trigger to Homelink to close the garage door. Then, ignoring the chime, she backed up into the garage timing it so that the closing garage door cracked the tailgate glass. Needed to replace the glass.
    2. I had bought Full Self Driving post car purchase and needed a hardware update to take advantage of it. My turn for the update had arrived.
  • Took delivery of RWD SR+ red with black trim M3 on 12/30. Absolutely beautiful with no issues cosmetic or otherwise. Thought about driving back to the dealer just to let them know how much we love it.
  • > @stevenmaifert_12203 said:
    > Not a good idea to avoid service altogether as you miss out on service bulletin work that could affect the safety or reliability of the car. Just this week we had our M3 in for bi-annual service and they completed a service bulletin "Replace Charge Port Pin Deadfronts" whatever that is. In 8 years of MS ownership, there have been a number of service bulletins. The work is free.

Where do you get the service bulletins or find out when to take the car in?
  • I have not been back to the service center since picking up Model Y in Late September. No reason. Car is fine.
  • October 2019 Model 3 delivery. Currently 23k incredible miles so far. Zero issues or service visits
  • > @"sleeper service" said:
    > I ordered and paid for my Tesla on Friday. It was delivered on Saturday. And, I've had no problems.

And you wrote this on Sunday?
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > Once a month the first year of ownership for multiple issues. But it does not seem common based on responses here.

Twelve visits in one year? Please! Some owners can’t get an appointment within 30 days and you get one every 30 days?

Kindly state six of your “issues”.
  • oh boy...
    Is there enough drive space on these web servers?
  • > @"grins.va" said:
    > > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > Once a month the first year of ownership for multiple issues. But it does not seem common based on responses here.
    >
    > Twelve visits in one year? Please! Some owners can’t get an appointment within 30 days and you get one every 30 days?
    >
    > Kindly state six of your “issues”.

I had more than 12 visits. Below is not a complete list.
    - MCU
    - glovebox
    - center console
    - B-pilar
    - dashboard
    - repeaters, harnesses
    - lower dash 2 times
    - sun visor
    - spoiler 2 times
  • I got my 2020 m3 about 6 months and not been to servicecenter...don’t want to jinx it.
  • The only problem was all the underbody panels were not installed, both motors and battery electronics exposed
    Car pulled so hard to the right autopilot would not work
    Steering wheel half a turn off when driving straight
    Back seats will not drop down with rear buttons
    Took the car back next day
    Said GIVE Me My money back NOW
    Luckily they had a MY with paint issues so they took the parts off that car and aligned front end all while l waited(long day at the service center)
    They were impressive and fixed the car same day
    So impressed I bought a lot of stock that night in March , it was a very good day
    Car is great now and never had panel gaps
  • My only problem in the 4 months I've owned my Model 3 has been a defective cable that connects the camera in the left front fender to the car's computer. I live 107 miles from the nearest Tesla Service Center, so I opted to wait about 3 weeks until a technician could come to me. The cable was replaced in less than 15 minutes and the technician was a great guy. Totally satisfied with the service!
  • So far nothing. It has only been a couple weeks but no issues or concerns yet.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > I have never been to a service center in 2.5 years/73k miles.

Let me guess! There to far away for you to go to. Don't you just love Rangers?
  • I'm taking my M3 in this Friday to the Nashville SC for a Homelink install and to fix the phone charger, which has never worked. I asked for a loaner or to wait for the car. I was offered Uber credits and a suggestion that I have a relative or friend to pick me from the SC and bring me back to pick up the car. They also stated that the lobby may be closed. Two round trips for a friend or relative would mean about 6 hours of traveling for that person. I guess that I will wait for the car. I have waited two or three hours before at a dealership, just part of owning a car. I am interested in finding more about Tesla's Rangers. Do all SCs have Rangers? How far away from a SC do you have to be to qualify for Ranger service?
  • October 2018 X only been in for HW3 upgrade.
  • Everything about my buying experience, delivery, and the car have been perfect, I've owned it 2 months. I was told it might take 6-8 weeks for delivery since I wanted it in blue, and in came in 9 days. I thought that might have meant it was another customer's reject, so I was very picky. There were 2 plastic film tabs in the front near the roof that pulled right off easily. The charge door had something sticky on it and wouldn't open, but when I gave it a little encouragement with my fingernail, it opened right up and it hasn't stuck since (not even after icing over). Fit and finish are perfect, no problems, no service visits. I did just have a nail in my tire in the sidewall (they just finished tearing down and building a new house next door), but that's not Tesla's fault. This is my first Tesla, and I love, love, love it!
  • > @ianswope said:
    > Took delivery of RWD SR+ red with black trim M3 on 12/30. Absolutely beautiful with no issues cosmetic or otherwise. Thought about driving back to the dealer just to let them know how much we love it.

KISS ASS! 🤣😎

PS: There's always one person I give the award to if I care to read the thread.
  • I've never had it serviced. I recently sold my Tesla for financial reasons.I miss it very much, it was the best car. I temporarily ordered myself a car from Japan. I want to tell you that Toyota have learned how to make cars. At least the original factory assembly looks as good. I ordered it with this car shipping service. But I really want to get back to the community of Tesla.
  • Took delivery of a Model 3 AWD on Dec 29th 2020... no issues. Indeed, after reading about various issues I also scrutinized it more than any other vehicle I've purchased... this is our first EV. It's great. Can't see myself ever buying another ICE again.