Model 3

Holiday release 2.0 plus wider fsd?

Rumor this evening that this week will see a couple surprises. Hmmm, we will see:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Model3Owners/status/1348817059317215246

Comments

• It will be interesting to see if the updated holiday build addresses any of the complaints about the UI changes (smaller fonts etc.). I’m not as bothered by the changes as others are, but I’m sure Tesla is aware of the negative feedback.
  • > @EVRider said:
    > It will be interesting to see if the updated holiday build addresses any of the complaints about the UI changes (smaller fonts etc.). I’m not as bothered by the changes as others are, but I’m sure Tesla is aware of the negative feedback.

Every single thing they do has negative feedback, everything... I am sure they are numb to it at this point.
  • Tried telling you.... But as usual, you never listen to the ever knowing old guy.
  • @Whdame. Quit being mystical. What’s dropping, when, and to whom??
  • Nothing?!
  • Well the rumor was holiday 2.0 yesterday and didn’t happen as far as I know. And wider fsd Thursday (tomorrow). We shall see. This above link is to someone claiming an excellent predictive track record of pending releases but apparently got this wrong? Although it ain’t Thursday yet.
    We shall wee.
    I guess factoring in Musk time, maybe next week or....😜
  • It would be great bc whatever we got in December wasn't 🔥🔥🔥 update we all were waiting for.
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > It would be great bc whatever we got in December wasn't 🔥🔥🔥 update we all were waiting for.

Sure it was. Didn’t you see all those flaming posts from people who installed it? 🙂
  • Hahah well in that regard you are correct
  • 82bert - I will never let my person get in trouble or possibly found out that they let me know tidbits of info. There will be two levels of wider release coming though. One announced and a secret little one. Maybe closer to release 12 since 10 is about to drop. Remember there are actually a couple levels of EAP... Not just one Early Access program. Yes the other update (not sure if it was still going to be labeled the second half of the holiday update) was coming within the frame of last week to this week but multi bugs sent it back due to a new feature. For me they has been right like 90% of the time unless a last minute change happened.
  • I also don't know how deep their knowledge actually is, but I know it is at least 2 months out from what they currently work on. The best example to explain is when we were all happy to download 2020.36 they were already testing 2020.44 in the final stage and developing 2020.48 while they were releasing 2020.36. So when we get a new build they are usually working on two ahead of the one we currently have minus the little patches that we get in between. I have no idea how far had the alpha cars are and I can't even imagine elon's personal car. He's probably testing a beta right now that we won't see for another year or two.
  • Elon has actually already made 2 light speed trips to Mars. Uber cutting edge.
  • @Whdame, I appreciate you sharing what you could. I’m looking forward to whatever!
    🥳
    Never a dull moment with our 3s!
  • @Whdame. Thanks for the clarification. Definitely helpful. Seems like things might be a touch delayed. I’m always glass half full with this and it’s coming down the pike one way or another.