General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Mach E not even out yet but already SUV of the year lol

Comments

• > @Rational said: > The Ford website says no delivery until late summer of 2021."

First Mustang EV's were sold to customers in 2020 and deliveries have ramped up from there. Most of the 50,000 first production run will be delivered before summer of 2021.

Ford is talking about a 2nd production run to 100,000 in 2021.
  • More crazy talk from troll
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > Your thoughts?

Pathetic.

That's my thought...

Simple, direct, and straight forward.
  • I love the look of the Mach-E, it has lots of character.

I guess it's not for everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • > @Silver2K said:
    > I love the look of the Mach-E, it has lots of character.
    >
    > I guess it's not for everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you going to buy it?
  • no, the range sucks. I need range and the trimotor cybertruck is in my sites at the moment.
  • No charging infrastructure built by the car companies yet they are building EVs. I wouldn’t buy an EV unless it can charge using Tesla’s supercharger
  • > @Calidude said:
    > No charging infrastructure built by the car companies yet they are building EVs. I wouldn’t buy an EV unless it can charge using Tesla’s supercharger

There are already FPL/Chargepoint chargers along the Florida Turnpike.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/gov-desantis-announces-more-electric-charging-stations-along-major-roadways/ar-BB16Amg6

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/06/22/fpl-pitches-vehicle-charging-proposal/?fbclid=IwAR0wMm9wQOOifRWRLl_p4qaMcL-u5NXBv3kaEraasWgjOu5P-DVPbiGGw7M
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > @Calidude said:
    > > No charging infrastructure built by the car companies yet they are building EVs. I wouldn’t buy an EV unless it can charge using Tesla’s supercharger
    >
    > There are already FPL/Chargepoint chargers along the Florida Turnpike.
    >
    > https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/gov-desantis-announces-more-electric-charging-stations-along-major-roadways/ar-BB16Amg6
    >
    > https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/06/22/fpl-pitches-vehicle-charging-proposal/?fbclid=IwAR0wMm9wQOOifRWRLl_p4qaMcL-u5NXBv3kaEraasWgjOu5P-DVPbiGGw7M

How fast are the chargepoint chargers again?
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > Not everyone lives on the Florida turnpike. Ok, yes there are other locations offering the awful CCS system. The problem is the chargers are often not well maintained and are not in convenient locations. Worse, there are so many networks working differently, it's a challenge to keep it all straight. For those that only plan to charge at home, CCS works well enough. Beyond that, there are pockets where it may work for travel, but it can be a pain, as most EV owners that are forced to use CCS have discovered. And it's all outside the control of the car manufacturers.
    >
    > Tesla Supercharger network is still the largest network in North America, offering dramatically more locations and stalls. Operation is also trivial - just plug in!

I must add and SC are easy to use.
  • Check if your state has begun any projects similar to FL.
    I haven't tried FPL chargers yet, so I can't say from my experience how fast they are, but it states 125kW on them.

- “FPL EVolution” program to install 1,000+ charging ports at 100+ locations across Florida, including major roadways, large employers and popular tourism destinations

http://newsroom.fpl.com/news-releases?item=126109
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @Rational said: > The Ford website says no delivery until late summer of 2021."
    >
    > First Mustang EV's were sold to customers in 2020 and deliveries have ramped up from there. Most of the 50,000 first production run will be delivered before summer of 2021.
    >
    > Ford is talking about a 2nd production run to 100,000 in 2021.
    >
    >
    >

On the top of the page it says;
    "Mustang Mach-E GT shown. Preproduction computer-generated image show.
    Available late summer 2021"

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

The text is just under the right rear tire in the computer generated image on the page listed above.

Going to order one from a local dealer, not including delivery, dealer fees, sales tax, other fees, and only ordering the most basic default version the price went from $42,000 on the Ford page to $60,000 from the dealer (the Ford page includes the $7,500 credit, the dealer page did not). So from a dealer maybe $55,000 for this car of the year which can't be received until late summer 2021 at the earliest.

Doesn't that mean they will be selling it as a 2022 if it's not out till September? Note 250 miles is the "targeted" EPA range for this SUV of the year which isn't out yet.
  • edited January 14
    > @Rational said: > On the top of the page it says..."...some old news.

First Mustang EV's sold to US customers in 2020 as they start pouring out of the plant to US and EU.

First 50,000 should be all delivered by Spring.

https://carbuzz.com/news/first-mustang-mach-e-delivered-in-the-us

First Mustang Mach-E Delivered in the US
    Dec 31, 2020 by Belinda Anderson Ford EV / 17 Comments

Watch this Ford enthusiast take delivery of his California Route 1 Mach-E in Dallas

For a lucky few people who ordered a Ford Mustang Mach-E hoping it would arrive before the end of the year, their Christmas gifts have come a little late. But in a case of better late than never, according to Sam Pack's Five Star Ford dealership in Dallas, Texas, the first official delivery of the much-anticipated electric SUV took place yesterday. With rumors circulating for the last few months that models would arrive in December this year, the month had all but passed without word of actual deliveries occurring. Now, Stephen Engro, a Ford enthusiast, can be seen taking delivery of his new ride: the first Mustang Mach-E in the US.
  • Lol sold but not delivered. What happened to you claims of trains full of MomE going to customers in December.
  • So now it is spring
  • > @WW_Icefree said: > Lol sold but not delivered.

Lets see...says DELIVERED.

> First Mustang Mach-E Delivered in the US
    > Dec 31, 2020 by Belinda Anderson Ford EV / 17 Comments
    >
    > Watch this Ford enthusiast take delivery of his California Route 1 Mach-E in Dallas
    >
    > For a lucky few people who ordered a Ford Mustang Mach-E hoping it would arrive before the end of the year, their Christmas gifts have come a little late. But in a case of better late than never, according to Sam Pack's Five Star Ford dealership in Dallas, Texas, the first official DELIVERY of the much-anticipated electric SUV took place YESTERDAY. With rumors circulating for the last few months that models would arrive in December this year, the month had all but passed without word of actual deliveries occurring. Now, Stephen Engro, a Ford enthusiast, can be seen taking delivery of his new ride: the first Mustang Mach-E in the US.
  • 1 Minute before by FishTroll "First 50,000 should be all delivered by Spring."
    Which one is it? Delivered or will be delivered in spring? Lol
  • Oh ok one guy got it in December. Great.
  • > @WW_Icefree said: > Oh ok one guy got it in December. “

So you were talking out your wazoo and got pawned by the facts....again. I believe three were derived in US in 2020.

Point being Ford Mustang EV deliveries are under way including EU which got them first, delivering in December 2020 for 2021 sales which should see the planned production run of 50,000 sold by Spring.

Of the big name EV’s coming in 2021, the Ford Mustang EV was one with VWID4 and Nissan Ariya.
  • any BEV success is a success for the planet
  • Looks like you twisting your stories every time you get called out. We all know how you operate. 3 people got delivery in December wow but you were telling us of train loads going to the dealerships in the beginning of December. What happened? Why only 3 guys got it?
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > Looks like you twisting your stories every time you get called out. We all know how you operate. 3 people got delivery in December wow but you were telling us of train loads going to the dealerships in the beginning of December. What happened? Why only 3 guys got it?

What's your point? A lot of us went through a pain of postponed deliveries and joyful experiences.
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > Looks like you twisting your stories every time you get called out. We all know how you operate. 3 people got delivery in December wow but you were telling us of train loads going to the dealerships in the beginning of December. What happened? Why only 3 guys got it?
    >
    > What's your point? A lot of us went through a pain of postponed deliveries and joyful experiences.

My point is his false claims as usual.
  • @"yudansha™" , why don't you ask your bro why he got cancelled at MoME forums?