General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Mach E not even out yet but already SUV of the year lol

Comments

• > @WW_Icefree said:
    > @"yudansha™" , why don't you ask your bro why he got cancelled at MoME forums?

Because I am not interested...
  • “ I haven't tried FPL chargers yet”

How could you?
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > “ I haven't tried FPL chargers yet”
    >
    > How could you?

Don’t I have an adaptor? Am I not getting a Mach-E?
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > “ I haven't tried FPL chargers yet”
    >
    > How could you?

He/she could not have because she/he is a fucking bot.
  • > @jimglas_98269389 said: > any BEV success is a success for the planet"

True but this is Tesla fan site so Tesla only please.
  • > @blkice said:
    > Why would you put a big grill on an EV? Seems kinda old and outdated right from start
    >

In the case of the upcoming Fisker Ocean, in which Magna is building, the front grill will open and close depending on cooling needs (for the battery etc.) The Magna CEO referred to it as "Active Aerodynamic Technology" at 4:00 in this recent video clip from the CES 2021: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxksjRxzXU
  • 🥱🙄
  • Why do you post about other cars on a Tesla forum if you aren't interested to hear opposing view or have a discussion?
  • Who said I am not interested. I am all ears, honey.
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > Who said I am not interested. I am all ears, honey.

I'm not your honey. If you really want a discussion stop being an ignoranus.
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > Who said I am not interested. I am all ears, honey.
    >
    > I'm not your honey. If you really want a discussion stop being an ignoranus.

Stop posting none thread related spam. I am all ears what you have to say! Honey
  • ".....the front grill will open and close depending on cooling needs (for the battery etc.) The Magna CEO referred to it as "Active Aerodynamic"... meh

The Model S has been doing this since 2012, but Tesla didn't brand it. Nor does Tesla "brand" their battery pack like GM's "Ultium". these companies are focusing on buzz words.

Also, the concept of "active cooling" dates back several decades. I believe it was in the 1930's RR developed a radiator grill that opened and closed based on the cooling needs of the engine.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said: > The Model S has been doing this since 2012, but Tesla didn't brand it. Nor does Tesla "brand" their battery pack like GM's "Ultium". "

Tesla does brand the Panasonic batteries with "Tesla" just as GM brands its joint venture with LG "Ultium". The Ultium is more advanced with the reduced cobalt content.

Tesla uses so many different batteries from CATL, LG and Panasonic, hard to Tesla to brand them.
  • WHAT HE SAID ^^^
  • > @Rational said:
    > The Ford website says no delivery until late summer of 2021.
    >
    > https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/
    >
    > From the above site:
    >
    > "Preproduction computer-generated image shown.
    > Available late summer 2021."

Mach-E deliveries started in the last week of December. I think it is just the GT model that won't come out until late summer.
  • > @Rational said:
    > > @FISHEV said:
    > > > @Rational said: > The Ford website says no delivery until late summer of 2021."
    > >
    > > First Mustang EV's were sold to customers in 2020 and deliveries have ramped up from there. Most of the 50,000 first production run will be delivered before summer of 2021.
    > >
    > > Ford is talking about a 2nd production run to 100,000 in 2021.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > On the top of the page it says;
    > "Mustang Mach-E GT shown. Preproduction computer-generated image show.
    > Available late summer 2021"
    >
    > https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/
    >
    > The text is just under the right rear tire in the computer generated image on the page listed above.
    >
    > Going to order one from a local dealer, not including delivery, dealer fees, sales tax, other fees, and only ordering the most basic default version the price went from $42,000 on the Ford page to $60,000 from the dealer (the Ford page includes the $7,500 credit, the dealer page did not). So from a dealer maybe $55,000 for this car of the year which can't be received until late summer 2021 at the earliest.
    >
    > Doesn't that mean they will be selling it as a 2022 if it's not out till September? Note 250 miles is the "targeted" EPA range for this SUV of the year which isn't out yet.

No need to go to the dealer. Just enter the order on the Ford site. The difference in cost is probably do to the model. The GT, First Edition and Premium is more expensive than the select. as are 4wd and extended range. Also, Ford includes 1,100 delivery as part of the MSRP on the final quote. Tesla and most other dealers list that separately.
  • > @EFisher said: > No need to go to the dealer."

Just be careful when Ford asks to convert deposit with Ford to "order" with dealer as they refundable deposit in no longer refundable at that point, up to dealer discretion.

At this point, I'd wait for dealers to have Mustang EV's in stock. Mine is due at dealer later March but I can't take delivery until May so the dealer may offer mine for sale to a walk in customer.
  • Ultrium is a trademark, and so far nothing more. Marketing fluff at it's best. It is a more advanced trademark than "battery". Capabilities, stability, longevity, producibility, and power densities are all unknowns until they actually go into production and make a vehicle that uses these batteries. Even then, it could be years until anyone knows how good or bad these batteries are.

Seems the current batteries from LG that GM uses are not all that great. They have had to software limit them to avoid fires. Hopefully, GM will improve its battery evaluation process. Clearly, they don't have the expertise yet that Tesla has had for 10 years now.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: > Seems the current batteries from LG that GM uses are not all that great."

Tesla is having it's own battery issues with the CATL batteries. It happens.
  • No real reports beside couple of unverified claims.
  • > @PteRoy said:
    > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    >
    > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.

Still have to give it to Tesla being the sole reason for the existence of the Mustang MachE

However any MachE sold to replace an ICE Mustang is totally fine with me.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Mine is due at dealer later March but I can't take delivery until May
    >

Why
  • Full of shit he is that is why