General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Mach E not even out yet but already SUV of the year lol

Comments

• > @Silver2K said:
    > I love the look of the Mach-E, it has lots of character.
    >
    > I guess it's not for everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a question of appeal or even "character", per se, so much as it is one of practical relevance inasmuch as they are not even in production yet (ergo doesn't even exist), yet alone due for availabilty in the U.S.

All the same this as of yet materialized SUV has managed to wrangle an "SUV of the year" award?!?

Pathetic.
  • > @declanevan_933130515 said: > Still have to give it to Tesla being the sole reason for the existence of the Mustang MachE”

All current EVs including Tesla are due to government policy and regs.

Ford’s Mustang EV was not even going to come to the US initially as it was needed to meet EU regs for more EV sales.

CA, EU, China all require zero emissions by 2035-50.

As we see VW sells as many EV/PHEV’s as Tesla already.

https://insideevs.com/news/465956/in-2020-volkswagen-group-sales-plugin-cars/
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @jimglas_98269389 said: > any BEV success is a success for the planet"
    >
    > True but this is Tesla fan site so Tesla only please.
    >
    >

The point is that it isn't even manufactured yet/not even real/an actual vehicle...It's all unsubstantiated hype, nothing more yet it is, somehow, already "sold out" and receiving awards!

How is that even possible?

It just reeks of desperation which, as I've said, is just pathetic.

Hell, if you can get away with selling speculation, innuendo, hyperbole, baseless supposition and conjecture as though it were real in this fantasy world you and your fellow trolls operate from, maybe I should? I'm pretty creative and have a helluva imagination...

Oh no, wait, that's your job.
  • > @declanevan_933130515 said:
    > Still have to give it to Tesla being the sole reason for the existence of the Mustang MachE

It does't actually exist yet, but I do agree with the sentiment.
  • > @"blue adept" said: > The point is that it isn't even manufactured yet/not even real/an actual vehicle...It's all unsubstantiated hype, nothing more yet it is, somehow, already "sold out" and receiving awards!

Mustang EV's have been delivering to customers for months.

https://carbuzz.com/news/first-mustang-mach-e-delivered-in-the-us

First Mustang Mach-E Delivered in the US
    Dec 31, 2020 by Belinda Anderson Ford EV / 17 Comments

Watch this Ford enthusiast take delivery of his California Route 1 Mach-E in Dallas

For a lucky few people who ordered a Ford Mustang Mach-E hoping it would arrive before the end of the year, their Christmas gifts have come a little late. But in a case of better late than never, according to Sam Pack's Five Star Ford dealership in Dallas, Texas, the first official delivery of the much-anticipated electric SUV took place yesterday. With rumors circulating for the last few months that models would arrive in December this year, the month had all but passed without word of actual deliveries occurring. Now, Stephen Engro, a Ford enthusiast, can be seen taking delivery of his new ride: the first Mustang Mach-E in the US.
  • @FISHEV

Very well then, I stand corrected, apparently as of December 31st. there is exactly -1- Mach-E in the U.S.

So how did it manage to be granted the honor of "SUV of the year" over the course of only 2 weeks?!

Pathetic.
  • > @"blue adept" said: > Very well then, I stand corrected, apparently as of December 31st. there is exactly -1- Mach-E in the U.S."

I'll take "Facts" for $5 Alex....three in 2020...but then you said none until 2022.
  • Still not enough to warrant a 'SUV of the year' notation...

That's just laughable.
  • If I threw enough cash I would be MVP of the year. But we already have Darth.
  • Tesla doesn’t sell PHEV’s
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > If I threw enough cash I would be MVP of the year. But we already have Darth.
    >

Ding-ding-ding, there it is.

Ford is developing something of a reputation for paying people for endorsements/info.

The ever downward spiral continues.

Womp-womp.
  • > @"blue adept" said:
    > > @Silver2K said:
    > > I love the look of the Mach-E, it has lots of character.
    > >
    > > I guess it's not for everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    >
    > It's not a question of appeal or even "character", per se, so much as it is one of practical relevance inasmuch as they are not even in production yet (ergo doesn't even exist), yet alone due for availabilty in the U.S.
    >
    > All the same this as of yet materialized SUV has managed to wrangle an "SUV of the year" award?!?
    >
    > Pathetic.

the vehicle does exist. if you go to the mach-e enthusiast site they have a flyer from a dealer that has 2 in their inventory and has been confirmed.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/another-mach-e-delivery-in-texas.2790/
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Mine is due at dealer later March but I can't take delivery until May
    >

Why
  • He has to take care of his grandma.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Why?”

OR rebate of $2,500 requires two years between EV’s.
  • edited January 15
    > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Why?”
    >
    > OR rebate of $2,500 requires two years between EV’s.
    >
    >

Oh so it's not that you *can't* take delivery, it's that you're *choosing* to continue driving a car you believe to be fundamentally dangerous in order to score a minimal amount of money from the state. Makes sense.

Will you apply that $2,500 to maintenance of your $700,000 pleasure boat?
  • Fish bashes Tesla for using government tax credits while he does the same. Classic moron.
  • Delivery delay for “quality checks.”
  • They did succeed in delivering cars in 2020 as promised. Three.

Customers set to get first edition cars this month just got emails to expect a two month further delay.
  • car of the year
    for sure
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > They did succeed in delivering cars in 2020 as promised. Three.
    >
    > Customers set to get first edition cars this month just got emails to expect a two month further delay.

link?
  • 2 down for moderation due to links, third times the charm...Electrek has an article and the Mach-E forum has lots of discussion.
  • "However, we recently received reports from several new buyers who were notified that their upcoming deliveries, planned in the coming weeks, would be delayed.

Some were told that they would have to wait up to an extra month, and we received enough reports that we thought it would be worth inquiring with Ford."

Where does it say 2 months and for all customers?
  • https://insideevs.com/news/466509/ford-mustang-mach-e-delivery-delay-reported/

Other customer emails showed a two month delay.