General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Mach E not even out yet but already SUV of the year lol

Comments

• > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Oh so it's not that you *can't* take delivery”

Fair to say “can’t” as I’ll be charged $2,500 and I’ll lose $2,500. So can’t take deliver of MachE until March 2021.
  • > @FISHEV said: Mine is due at dealer later March but I can't take delivery until May
    > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: Why?
    > @FISHEV said: OR rebate of $2,500 requires two years between EV’s.
    > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: Oh so it's not that you *can't* take delivery, it's that you're *choosing* to continue driving a car you believe to be fundamentally dangerous in order to score a minimal amount of money from the state. Makes sense.
    > @FISHEV said: Fair to say “can’t” as I’ll be charged $2,500 and I’ll lose $2,500. So can’t take deliver of MachE until March 2021.

What’s fair to say is that, like power and energy, you’re blind to the difference between “can’t” and “won’t.”

At least now we know how much you value your safety.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > At least now we know how much you value your safety.”

$56k which is Mustang EV price to get working ADAS with an EV.

Adding $2,500 to that cost and taking away $2,500 credits for it, a $5k loss? No nitwittery please.

I have added $1,400 in safety gear to the Model 3, Blind Spot Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert ultrasonics and wide angle mirrors to be able to see blind spot with driver’s mirror.

Enough added safety equipment to last the extra three months.
  • > @Silver2K said:
    > the vehicle does exist. if you go to the mach-e enthusiast site they have a flyer from a dealer that has 2 in their inventory and has been confirmed.
    >
    > https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/another-mach-e-delivery-in-texas.2790/
    >

Yes, I have since been made aware that there are actually a small handful of them currently on the market.

All the same, it is still far too nascent of a vehicle to have managed to garner an "SUV of the year award" when their tires still have their "whiskers" and their "new car smell" hasn't even had a chance to wear off.

It's nonsensical.
  • Here’s that two month verbiage I saw originally.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/ford-delays-deliveries-of-mustang-mach-e-by-up-to-two-months/
  • But, but...they're "SUV of the year"?!?!?!?
  • > @"blue adept" said: > Yes, I have since been made aware that there are actually a small handful of them currently on the market."

Well...50,000 anyway in first scheduled production run. About 25% have shipped already and deliveries have been ongoing since December 2020.
  • No one cares. Your statements change all the time bc they are full of holes. FiShlierEvil
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"blue adept" said: > Yes, I have since been made aware that there are actually a small handful of them currently on the market."
    >
    > Well...50,000 anyway in first scheduled production run. About 25% have shipped already and deliveries have been ongoing since December 2020.

At over 3/4 charge in a cold 32F (0C) the great Ford E Mustang can get 113 miles. See review https://youtu.be/rUjDBYQkhwM?t=775

It may be unfair, as it is very very cold, expecting a car to do much more than 100 miles at 3/4 charge+ in 32F weather, is too much (for a Ford).

In the video they see Mustangs everywhere on the car, but no mention of Ford, other than on the key (yup the actual, literal, physical, key). Ford must be proud of this car not to put their name on it.
  • Sandy Munro is doing cold weather on the 2021 Model 3 and is hearing reports that cold weather only drops range by under 20% due to the octovalve.

Tesla is about to pull away from the “competition” again...
  • I remember fishy Eagles was here crowing over how the Bolt was first. Better, cheaper and GM would be able to sell oh so many ...

How’d that work out for GM?

“Nothing special about Tesla’s . . .”

Meanwhile...Tesla has sold 750,000 Model 3 since 2017.

Bolt, Taycan, iPace, etron, mache ... not so much.
  • They sold 3 cars in 2020 according to one article.
  • > @Rational said: > At over 3/4 charge in a cold 32F (0C) the great Ford E Mustang can get 113 miles. "

Which the video says is "better than Tesla".

All depends on driver and other conditions besides the cold. Tesla range drops fast in the cold as do all EV's though some, Kona EV, do better than others such as Tesla.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > The Chevy Bolt was the Car of the Year once and how did that work out..........

I got a good chuckle out of that one.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: > Kona EV discontinued in Korea where it's made."

That's old news as Hyundai annouced it was building out it's EV's under the Ioniq name.

"Hyundai Announces Plans for Three EVs under New Ioniq Brand"

"The Korean automaker revealed plans to introduce three new electric vehicles in the next four years under a new brand for full-electric vehicles, Ioniq."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33546876/hyundai-ioniq-brand-electric-cars/
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Only the fish would unironically call a reference from December "old news,"

Because as the link notes, the announcement from Hyundai was 7 months old.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @Rational said: > At over 3/4 charge in a cold 32F (0C) the great Ford E Mustang can get 113 miles. "
    >
    > Which the video says is "better than Tesla".
    >
    > All depends on driver and other conditions besides the cold. Tesla range drops fast in the cold as do all EV's though some, Kona EV, do better than others such as Tesla.

Watch the video, and see the mileage on the Tesla model 3. I won't tell you what it is, you can tell me, then I'll know you watched the video and know you are wrong.
  • edited January 16
    That’s a cute and classic whole cloth statement, fish.

No where does that link say Hyundai announced it would stop selling Kona EVs in SK 7 months ago.
  • Just announced a few weeks ago. Fires and whatnot.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/12/hyundai-ends-kona-ev-sales-in-south-korea/
  • > @Bighorn said: > Just announced a few weeks ago."

Well 36 weeks ago was the Ioniq replacing Kona announcement if that is "a few".
  • Silver2K> I love the look of the Mach-E, it has lots of character.

Many bashed the Prius for its looks but I considered it efficient,
    elegant. My M3 gets many complements; some disparage the MY's looks
    but it's growing on me and will likely get one this year. Ditto for
    CT - many bash its looks but I think is far more desirable than a
    Roadster2. Reserved a trimotor CT: specs are great, more wh/mile than
    my M3 but far more cost effective than a Roadster2.

Fishy> All current EVs including Tesla are due to government policy and regs.

Nope. If all subsidies stop, Tesla would keep on truckin' while most
    others (ICE & EV) would slow. Policy&regs favor fossil fuel foolers. Without
    energy and transportation subsidies Tesla would soar.