Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Supercharge billing & Loot Box timing?

How long does it take for each supercharging session to be billed to my credit card and logged to Tesla account supercharge history? As well as, how long will it take for my free miles to be logged to my supercharge history and debited from my Loot Box?

Comments

• Should be immediately. When did you take delivery?
  • Thanks kashian for your reply. I took delivery on 12/28.
  • > @sqrt2 said:
    > Thanks kashian for your reply. I took delivery on 12/28.

Just a guess then, but you might not see any charges in your history if you got a free year of supercharging. If you did, congrats!
  • sqrt2,
    Since you took delivery on Dec 28th, you should have free supercharging for a year, and (like me) it doesn't even show up anywhere on the Tesla account history nor billed. I got my free miles in the loot box from a referral code the next day after delivery, and didn't get the free supercharging for 700 miles, so now after supercharging, I still have 300 miles in my loot box which will expire in July, but since I also have the free supercharging, it never debits those loot miles and unless I refer someone before July those 300 miles will expire. I am thinking you're in a similar situation, which may be why you don't see any supercharging charges.
  • > @tesla2405 said:
    > sqrt2,
    > Since you took delivery on Dec 28th, you should have free supercharging for a year, and (like me) it doesn't even show up anywhere on the Tesla account history nor billed. I got my free miles in the loot box from a referral code the next day after delivery, and didn't get the free supercharging for 700 miles, so now after supercharging, I still have 300 miles in my loot box which will expire in July, but since I also have the free supercharging, it never debits those loot miles and unless I refer someone before July those 300 miles will expire. I am thinking you're in a similar situation, which may be why you don't see any supercharging charges.

Thanks for your reply. This is what I suspected. I just wanted to find out if my "No supercharging history found for this search period" and no Loot Box debiting results has been happening to others with unlimited one year worth of free supercharging. I guess I do have supercharging history, but none with any cost to me. Given this, I guess if I could incur an idle fee, the idle fee will shows up in my supercharging history and will hit my credit cards.
  • Just did my 4th Supercharge yesterday. Still no change in my Loot Box, since the first deduction of 110miles from my 1000 free referral miles.

Many of us have been told that the Free Supercharger update in our accounts wouldn't happen until after the middle of January...which would be today! Remember, though, Tesla timelines are totally unpredictable. We still don't know what that "credit" will LOOK like, though.
  • > @pianewman said:
    > Just did my 4th Supercharge yesterday. Still no change in my Loot Box, since the first deduction of 110miles from my 1000 free referral miles.
    >
    > Many of us have been told that the Free Supercharger update in our accounts wouldn't happen until after the middle of January...which would be today! Remember, though, Tesla timelines are totally unpredictable. We still don't know what that "credit" will LOOK like, though.

Thanks for your reply. Did the 110miles debited from your Loot Box also show up in your supercharging history at no cost to you? I'm trying to figure out what "supercharging history" means, that is, what Tesla allows customers to view within their supercharging accounting & logging system. Because accounting wise, if we used a Tesla supercharger, we should have supercharging history. From all the replies so far, it looks like supercharging history means supercharging customer credit card debits and I would hope, credit card credits if any.
  • In my lootbox, I see 1000 referral miles that are set to expire at the end of June, 2021.

I took delivery on 12/31 and have used supercharging two times this month. I haven't been charged, and the lootbox balance has stayed the same.

No activity in account history either. Strange. I would like to see the charging history, just for my records, too.

As for the referral miles, well, bummer that they expire in the middle of the free year. Having the 1000 referral miles expire in 2022 would have been the cherry, but not gonna sweat it. Looking forward to a long road trip or two this summer with the free supercharging. :-)
  • I see zero activity noted in loot box nor in my account.
  • > @pianewman said:
    > I see zero activity noted in loot box nor in my account.

Thanks or your reply. More and more, it appears that supercharging history means supercharging customer credit card debits & credits only and not a log or accounting of customer supercharging events. So "supercharging history" is somewhat of a mischaracterization/misnomer of what it really is. As a newbie to Tesla, I guess I have to get use to Tesla-ese.
  • > @hodori said:
    > In my lootbox, I see 1000 referral miles that are set to expire at the end of June, 2021.
    >
    > I took delivery on 12/31 and have used supercharging two times this month. I haven't been charged, and the lootbox balance has stayed the same.
    >
    > No activity in account history either. Strange. I would like to see the charging history, just for my records, too.
    >
    > As for the referral miles, well, bummer that they expire in the middle of the free year. Having the 1000 referral miles expire in 2022 would have been the cherry, but not gonna sweat it. Looking forward to a long road trip or two this summer with the free supercharging. :-)

Yes, I would agree. It would be nice for us to see our supercharging events so we can track what really happened, as "supercharging history" would suggest.