Model Y

Loss of heat in MY

SO after a trip to the store last night (heater working), park the car plugged into wall connector to schedule a departure(with preconditioning(81deg) for 10:30pm).

10:30pm **20 mins left to charge with set-limit**Unplug Car(81%)
Car did NOT Precondition(warm up) drove to work for a frigid commute(34F exterior) 46F inside car the whole drive....Car seat heater only thing working.

This morning leaving from work forgot to pre-heat car, but no issue done it before after work...Car still no heat the whole way home(interior temp 47F).

When home(car 54%) -tried all manner of troubleshooting to get the car to heat...
-soft reboot
-hard reboot
--Plug in charger (soft reboot & hard-reboot)
-turn on ac turn off ac
-select auto deselect auto
-cycled through different vents, tried the rear vents

-->schedule service appointment........next week *~*

--going to try-Start charging and cycle through troubleshooting again...(Car is fully patched & less than 2 months old)
-Anyone ever experienced this and can offer solutions or does anyone have a solution I might have missed?

Comments

• Sorry about the problem. It sounds like something failed and service is the only solution. There have been a few others who have had the heater fail.
  • I've already traveled that road and have our car fixed. So have many scores of other MY users.

Here's the issue: Tesla received a supply of defective temperature sensors. The heat pumps still works but it's the integration of the heater with the software where the issue lies. This is not a software fix but rather a hardware fix.

I dealt with this for 5 weeks during what was a very cold snap up here in AK (high temps often in single digits F) and the car was basically unusable except for very short trips (<5 min) due to window fogging.

The fix is pretty quick but must be done by Tesla. Our car was gone for about 2 hrs but I think the working time was closer to one hour. Not a single issue since they fixed it.

Hang in there...you'll be taken care of.
  • > @MYBlueBird said:
    > I've already traveled that road and have our car fixed. So have many scores of other MY users.
    >
    > Here's the issue: Tesla received a supply of defective temperature sensors. The heat pumps still works but it's the integration of the heater with the software where the issue lies. This is not a software fix but rather a hardware fix.
    >
    > I dealt with this for 5 weeks during what was a very cold snap up here in AK (high temps often in single digits F) and the car was basically unusable except for very short trips (<5 min) due to window fogging.
    >
    > The fix is pretty quick but must be done by Tesla. Our car was gone for about 2 hrs but I think the working time was closer to one hour. Not a single issue since they fixed it.
    >
    > Hang in there...you'll be taken care of.

@MYBlueBird Thank you very much for the info...I think the car sorted itself out because the heat started working a day later, but if this IS a known issue I'd much rather get it fixed now before it becomes something BIGGER when it's -16F outside and no remedy other than park the car home....Going to still go to the service appt....
  • DarkOthello: There have been many over at TeslaMotorsClub that have had a "software update", which seems to temporarily solve their no-heat problem. I agree with you that you should keep your appt and have the necessary sensors replaced.
  • Seconding what pianewman said. They tried to fix our issue a couple of times with software and it seemed to help briefly, but not for very long. Heat was on and then off but mostly just off.

Definitely keep the appt!