Model S

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

NHTSA tells Tesla to fix it - via recall

13

Comments

  • sail, your screen died already?

    I got mine replaced in august.
  • I got mine replaced a year or two ago. You still driving the Red Terror?
  • > @Sailfast_98069857 said:
    > I got mine replaced a year or two ago. You still driving the Red Terror?

    wow that was fast!

    "You still driving the Red Terror?"

    Absolutely! 😁
  • Just as I thought. OLD NEWS is total FUD


    https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/goldman-sachs-analyst-reiterated-a-buy-rating-on-tesla-after-the-model-y-received-a-5-star-safety-rating-from-nhtsa
  • > @Mike83 said:
    > Just as I thought. OLD NEWS is total FUD
    >
    >
    > https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/goldman-sachs-analyst-reiterated-a-buy-rating-on-tesla-after-the-model-y-received-a-5-star-safety-rating-from-nhtsa

    the topic about the nhtsa asking tesla to do a recall is not old news, it's fresh new news.
  • When I got the MCU2 upgrade last year the service center had the parts in stock.
  • > @Silver2K said:
    > > @Mike83 said:
    > > Just as I thought. OLD NEWS is total FUD
    > >
    > >
    > > https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/goldman-sachs-analyst-reiterated-a-buy-rating-on-tesla-after-the-model-y-received-a-5-star-safety-rating-from-nhtsa
    >
    > the topic about the nhtsa asking tesla to do a recall is not old news, it's fresh new news.

    From the article:

    "In the note, Delaney emphasized that this news is out of date, and Tesla had already offered an extended warranty and switched to a new product in 2018 that doesn’t have the same issue. He wrote that the financial implications of this will depend on several factors, however this does not affect his forecast for the company’s stock."
  • > @Mike83 said:
    > > @Silver2K said:
    > > > @Mike83 said:
    > > > Just as I thought. OLD NEWS is total FUD
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/goldman-sachs-analyst-reiterated-a-buy-rating-on-tesla-after-the-model-y-received-a-5-star-safety-rating-from-nhtsa
    > >
    > > the topic about the nhtsa asking tesla to do a recall is not old news, it's fresh new news.
    >
    > From the article:
    >
    > "In the note, Delaney emphasized that this news is out of date, and Tesla had already offered an extended warranty and switched to a new product in 2018 that doesn’t have the same issue. He wrote that the financial implications of this will depend on several factors, however this does not affect his forecast for the company’s stock."

    the letter from the NHTSA to tesla is dated Jan. 13 2021 you schmuck! stop lying to people!

    https://insideevs.com/news/466188/nhtsa-requests-tesla-recall-all-mcuv1/
  • Recall or No, Tesla has said they will fix it under warranty.

    Warranty work should be done using approved parts and procedures. I know if I did work on my car not doing the above, say with an aftermarket Swissbit chip, I would invalidate my warranty, as implied in the link below.

    For those that want their car fixed under warranty without going MCU2 route, here is a link to the approved procedure:

    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10184233-9999.pdf

    Note no mention of repair actions such as clearing home directory, reflashing memory, etc.

    For me, I will continue to do nothing until this all blows over.
  • > @Sailfast_98069857 said:
    > Parts availability for MC2 upgrade? I ordered the upgrade in late November and the service center placed the order on December 10, and the part has not arrived as of 1/15/21. The $500 digital radio did arrive.
    >
    > Are others experiencing the unavailability of the MC2? Any suggestions?

    If you think you will want MCU2 before you replace your car, my suggestion would be to get in line ASAP..
  • > @Silver2K said:
    > > @Mike83 said:
    > > > @Silver2K said:
    > > > > @Mike83 said:
    > > > > Just as I thought. OLD NEWS is total FUD
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/goldman-sachs-analyst-reiterated-a-buy-rating-on-tesla-after-the-model-y-received-a-5-star-safety-rating-from-nhtsa
    > > >
    > > > the topic about the nhtsa asking tesla to do a recall is not old news, it's fresh new news.
    > >
    > > From the article:
    > >
    > > "In the note, Delaney emphasized that this news is out of date, and Tesla had already offered an extended warranty and switched to a new product in 2018 that doesn’t have the same issue. He wrote that the financial implications of this will depend on several factors, however this does not affect his forecast for the company’s stock."
    >
    > the letter from the NHTSA to tesla is dated Jan. 13 2021 you schmuck! stop lying to people!
    >
    > https://insideevs.com/news/466188/nhtsa-requests-tesla-recall-all-mcuv1/

    Dated 1/14/2021 schuckerruny
    https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/goldman-sachs-analyst-reiterated-a-buy-rating-on-tesla-after-the-model-y-received-a-5-star-safety-rating-from-nhtsa
  • I had my MCU1 replaced with a refurbed, complete MCU1 almost a year ago for $1800. I presume it contains the design-deficient 8GB chip. Per the recall, that would be replaced with a 64GB daughter board, despite having a repair already done, right? And I should be getting that $1800 refunded "soon."
  • Seeing as you can't read here is another quote from the link.

    "In a note to investors, Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney reiterated a Buy recommendation and a price target of $780 for Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) following positive news that the Model Y received a 5-star overall safety rating from NHTSA on January 13. He also wrote that 158,000 Model S/X recall is old news, and Tesla has come up with a solution.

    In December 2020, Delaney upgraded Tesla to Buy from Neutral, raising its 12-month target price to $780 from $455, considering that the move to EV adoption is happening faster than previously thought, while Tesla will maintain its market leadership. Now he has reaffirmed his forecast for the price and action regarding Tesla shares."
    Don't worry be happy 😄
  • On Jan. 13 2021 the letter was written by NHTSA to Tesla. I provided a link and there is a date on the letter. If you can't read have someone read it for you.

    I am happy about the buy rating, but the recall was Tesla's voluntary recall to extend the warranty, not the most recent recall letter by NHTSA.

    Why do you keep lying to people?
    You do realize GM went into Bankruptcy, because of their lies?

    Tesla is not stupid enough to lie and I feel they will take ownership. They know word of my is the most powerful way to advertise and word of my not handling this situation would not look good.
  • also Tesla's recall is based on Mileage/Years, NHTSA is asking to recall ALL and did not specify mileage.

    That's a big difference!
  • Who wants to bet there will be no recall.
  • > @barrykmd said:
    > I had my MCU1 replaced with a refurbed, complete MCU1 almost a year ago for $1800. I presume it contains the design-deficient 8GB chip. Per the recall, that would be replaced with a 64GB daughter board, despite having a repair already done, right? And I should be getting that $1800 refunded "soon."

    Barry, yes, you are correct. The 64 GB chip was first installed in refurbished MCU1s in mid May 2020. And it took a couple of weeks for those to make it out to SCs. We can expect that there was still some 8GB refurbished MCU1s in the logistics supply pipeline that were delivered and installed by SCs until very early June.
  • Thanks akikiki. So now that we have some real numbers, I presume you've stopped tracking the failures? So what are you doing with all your free time now? :-)
  • Yes, I have stopped. TT and I agreed there's little point in continuing. Interestingly, our collection in the last 3 months has fallen to less than 100 across both TM and TMC. It appears that people are not reporting as many now as they were from end of '19 thru Oct '20. At least not as many per month.

    Now? I sit and watch the graphics on my Tesla app where my panels are feeding the grid and PWs. (Simple minds are entertained in the simplest of ways.) ooouuu and aaahhh
    :)
  • Watch out. If you stare at those graphics for too long you will suddenly find yourself more aware of the energy consumption of different appliances in your house. Then you might need to explain to your family why the house is suddenly set to warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter for instance ;-)
  • @inconel, thanks. Good advice. But I am already hooked on watching individual circuit consumption. Adding this https://emporiaenergy.com/ now.
    And there's no one but me to explain things to. This is Hawaii. We are generally weather care-free.
  • All very interesting...I filed a report with Transport Canada last July 6th when our 2015 MS 85D MCU1 packed it in while in Calgary. Saturday morning we were to head back to Vancouver, luckily we detoured to the local Tesla showroom. No service staff in on Saturday, sales staff had no clue what I was talking about. Screen came back up after an hour, but we had no NAV, no AC and no turn signals, despite the Roadside Assistance people saying it was drivable. No technical phone support available on the weekend. Made it back to Vancouver and had a MCU2 installed in a week (refurb MCU1 was cheaper, but 6 weeks away).
    Long story short, Transport Canada called today, left a voicemail, wants to talk and ask some questions. I would encourage Canadian drivers to file a complaint to Transport Canada’s Defect Investigations and Recalls Division.
    I will update you next week.
  • > @akikiki said:
    > I sort of jumped the gun with "tells". They asked, Tesla. But anyone think that Tesla is going to say no?
    >

    I hope they address this smaller amount of affected customers that paid for the premium vehicles earlier on
  • #Metoo
    (did I say/do that right?)
  • #Timesup

    😂😂
Sign In or Register to comment.