Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Door handles and ergonomics

I love the look of the Model 3 door handles but I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my left hand opening the latch improperly. Maybe just a one off weird problem but be careful.

Comments

• 😶
    🤣
    Sorry but unexpectedly funny.
  • No offense but tell your momma not us.
  • My 4 year old has no problem with handles.
  • Tesla door handles are a pointless design quirk. They have less functionality than a regular mechanical door handle so its for looks only and like many fashion vs. function decisions, function loses.

Best I've seen to date are VWID4 where there's a handle but it using pressure sensing and releases the latch. Nothing to freeze shut as the Tesla design is known for doing.
  • ... wait for it ....
  • Here's a good resource for how to fix the problems with the Model 3 door handles.

"Tesla Model 3 Frozen Door Handles"

https://www.teslamodel3wiki.com/tesla-model-3-frozen-door-handles/
  • I smell a class action.
  • I pull the muscles in the toes of my right foot frequently from pushing too hard on the accelerator. /s
  • Tesla Admins can we get this Looney aka FISHEV off the forums please.
  • Fish, how many times have your handles frozen?
  • > @lbowroom said: > How many times have your handles frozen?"

Three times in December so far. Rain all day and then gets to freezing at night. Not uncommon in PNW.

I used the "hit it" method to break the ice on the handle but I'm going to do the WD40 trick per the video today on door handles, window and trunks gaskets.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @lbowroom said: > How many times have your handles frozen?"
    >
    > Three times in December so far. Rain all day and then gets to freezing at night. Not uncommon in PNW.
    >
    > I used the "hit it" method to break the ice on the handle but I'm going to do the WD40 trick per the video today on door handles, window and trunks gaskets.
    >
    Not long to go now until you get your MachE and then you wont have to worry...we are ALL so much looking forward to this day! I might make a cake
  • @NorthValley, he already said that most likely he won't be taking delivery of MOME and next best thing for him is VW whatever the name is EV.
  • @WW_Icefree I think we all know he isn't really going anywhere ;-)
  • Sadly it is true. Admins need to step up there game.