Model 3

Bluetooth issues (no calls) after latest update

Before the last two updates my calls over bluetooth were fine, after 26 and 30, I can not here anything via bluetooth. My wife had the same issue. Phone key unlock only works about 50% of the time, you either have to wake phone up or do the bluetooth off/on dance.

I have deleted my phone from the car, re-added.
I can play music from my phone, see the contacts, see all text messages
My phone key only works half the time, if that (that is getting old quick)
Making calls from screen will start the call, but you can't hear them nor can they here you.

Thoughts? Love my M3 2020 but these little issues is getting old, real quick.

- Murph

Comments

• I have same problem with calls. Works about half the time (samsung galaxy s8+). Other half I have to use the speaker on my phone to hear. This has been an ongoing problem for awhile and I keep hoping one of the updates will fix. I'm hopeful!!
  • Same here. My phone call problem is not connection but volume. After the latest update, phone call volume is significantly reduced. I have to turn the volume all the way up to the max to hear phone conversations. It equals to 1/3 of the previous volume scale. Music from radio, streaming or USB doesn't have this problem. I haven't tried music via the phone.
  • edited January 14
    have you tried deleting BT connection, forgetting device and re-pair?
  • I do not believe the problem is the car I think its a change to the BlueTooth power savings on the phones. I think Bluetooth is being put into standby mode to save battery. If I walk up to my car and the door doesn't open all I need to do is tap the power button on my phone and the door opens. I do nothing to the car, just my phone.

Samsung Galaxy s20+

I have zero issues with music, voice, texting or my Alexa auto.
  • I have the same problem on my 2020 Model 3. Bluetooth using the same phone (iPhone 12) on my Ford F150 works perfect. This same phone also has great bluetooth with my new Apple TV. It's the Tesla software without a doubt.
  • The same. My car is new! I got calls and they showed up on my M3 screen. But I can't hear anything. Had to hear from my phone. I thought there must be a button to press, but where? What should we do on my Samsung phone bluetooth?
  • > @tolson37_98681167 said:
    > It's the Tesla software without a doubt.

Very unlikely. If it was Tesla software then it would affect every similar phone right? Well, my iPhone 12 works perfectly with my Tesla as do the vast majority of peoples iPhone 12's. It is almost certainly your configuration.
  • I have also experienced this problem with the last couple of updates with no audio on answering phone calls. I have a Google pixel 4XL. The car doors open wihtout issues, and it seems to recognize the phone, but no audio on answering calls. BT seems to work fine with my portable BT headphones, but not the Tesla M3 with recent car updates. Rebooted car and phone and still experience this.
  • I have been having this issue and I hate it. I’ve tried calling different people with different phones and the problem is the same—extremely low call volume! I turn the volume way up on the car and my phone but doesn’t help much.
    What happened on the last software update?!?!?!?
  • > @louisdeguzman_98605937 said:
    > I have been having this issue and I hate it. I’ve tried calling different people with different phones and the problem is the same—extremely low call volume! I turn the volume way up on the car and my phone but doesn’t help much.
    > What happened on the last software update?!?!?!?

Android or iPhone? Those people with androids can enable developer mode on their android and try the “Disable Absolute Volume” setting. Or try a different Bluetooth audio codec.