Model Y

Secure cargo in EU Model Y

Is there any plans to implement some built in way to secure cargo in the trunk of the EU made Model Y? To be able to travel safely and legally I as a driver must ensure there is no way for cargo to enter the passenger area from the trunk in case of an accident or a hard brake. It would help very much if there is at least som cargo loops on the wall or floor of the trunk.

Extra points for some kind bar behind the rear seat with a visibility cover and a cargo net that separates the cargo area from the passengers!

Also a foldable tow hitch would be nice :)

Comments

• > @Einevik said:
    > Is there any plans to implement some built in way to secure cargo in the trunk of the EU made Model Y? To be able to travel safely and legally I as a driver must ensure there is no way for cargo to enter the passenger area from the trunk in case of an accident or a hard brake. It would help very much if there is at least som cargo loops on the wall or floor of the trunk.
    >
    > Extra points for some kind bar behind the rear seat with a visibility cover and a cargo net that separates the cargo area from the passengers!
    >
    > Also a foldable tow hitch would be nice :)

Do the seats not stop cargo moving forward?
    By definition the whole internal area of the model Y is a passenger area, the only trunk would be under the rear floor.
  • If that was a legal requirement the EU, Tesla would have been required to put a cover over the cargo area.
  • I agree that there should be at least load loops to secure cargo in the trunk. In European cars of combi model, it is more or less standard with load loops. Especially in the event of a rolling accident, it is important that heavy loads are not thrown around in the car. Strange that this is not included in the crash tests that NHTSA, do not know if it is included in Euro NCAP's tests?