Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

I didnt know you can adjust the Windshield Washers!

124»

Comments

• The guy is clown 🤡 parody of himself.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Tesla system might get 20% of the washer fluid on the windshield, the rest is flung off the washer without ever touching the glass.
    >

The slow motion video I posted shows your wrong.
  • > @hgmichna said: If you want to call this a problem."

Not getting the water on the glass is the problem. It's 80% a dry wipe which is why the many complaints about the design with the streaking and need for 4-5 sequences to do what one should do.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Not getting the water on the glass is the problem. It's 80% a dry wipe which is why the many complaints about the design with the streaking and need for 4-5 sequences to do what one should do.
    >

The slow motion video I posted proves your wrong.
  • > @HAL2001 said: > The slow motion video I posted proves your wrong. "

Fair to say it proves the common complaints about the washers right and why they streak so badly. The adjustment found might help a bit but the design has 80% of water not getting to the glass as it piles up under the wiper blades sweep as it is ejected from the two main nozzles.

Clearly seen on the original slo mo vid.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Fair to say it proves the common complaints about the washers right and why they streak so badly.

Fair to say it proves your completely fabricating things. You can clearly see in the video it works properly. But feel free to post your own video of your Tesla wipers in action. Do you own a Tesla?
  • > @HAL2001 said: You can clearly see in the video it works properly."

It no doubt works as designed, 80% of the fluid is pumped directly onto the blade where it bunches up as the blade works as intended to get the water off the glass with most it being on the wiper blade and not on the glass.

You claim you are tired of people complaining about the washers, when Tesla goes to a more functional design, the complaints will stop.
  • Wait, your argument is that the wipers remove water from the glass?
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > You claim you are tired of people complaining about the washers, when Tesla goes to a more functional design, the complaints will stop.
    >

So now it’s 80% when you claimed it was 20% that even made it to the glass just a few posts ago. Again the video shows your wrong.

And you are lying as I never said I am tired of people complaining about wipers. Your the only one complaining here and I seriously doubt you will stop complaining. Your just embarrassing yourself on a daily basis.

But feel free to post a video of your wipers. Do you own a Tesla?
  • > @lbowroom said: > Wait, your argument is that the wipers remove water from the glass?"

It keeps most of the washer water from touching the glass.
  • > @HAL2001 said: > But feel free to post a video of your wipers."

No need the original how to video shows that 80% of the washer fluid never touches the glass. The fix looks to help a bit but the basic design problem remains.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > No need the original how to video shows that 80% of the washer fluid never touches the glass. The fix looks to help a bit but the basic design problem remains.

That is not what the video shows. If you ever purchase a Tesla you will see for yourself. And this post is about adjusting. Nothing is broken so there is nothing to fix.
  • > @HAL2001 said: > That is not what the video shows.

It does, you see the water ball up on the wiper blade never touching the glass.

Everybody sees this, you don't need slow motion.

You see this topic fairly frequently all over the Teslaverse so believing our lying eyes and frequent posts of other owners.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > It does, you see the water ball up on the wiper blade never touching the glass.

So is that 80% or 20%? You should really take a video of it using your Tesla. Do you own a Tesla?
  • Fish, do you somehow expect the water to lift the wiper blade and all of it to pass under the blade? How would this work? If it did, then it couldn’t clear the water when it rains.

I have to admit, your word crafting is awesome to create meaning where this is none.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @AmokTime said: > Not a poor design. They work fine for me on both of my M3s."
    >
    > There's no doubt it is a poor design as complaints about the quirky washers not doing the job are common and if one is objective, one sees the poor results all the time.
    >
    > Tesla system might get 20% of the washer fluid on the windshield, the rest is flung off the washer without ever touching the glass.
    >
    No. There are, in fact, very few complaints. There is no doubt that the design is fine, as an objective assessment of my own cars’ washers has revealed to me. Mine work great (on both my 2019 and 2020). Maybe you have something broken on your car, if you even actually own a M3.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @HAL2001 said: > That is not what the video shows.
    >
    > It does, you see the water ball up on the wiper blade never touching the glass.
    >
    > Everybody sees this, you don't need slow motion.
    >
    > You see this topic fairly frequently all over the Teslaverse so believing our lying eyes and frequent posts of other owners.
    >
    There are not frequent posts about this by owners, Dr. Fish (see Mach-e forum). Doctor of solar panel installation?

I have read most of the major forums over the last year and a half and I’ve not seen these frequent posts. I think you are making that up in typical FISH style and hoping nobody calls shenanigans.
  • Sorry to revive this. A boring winter Saturday had me try to adjust my drivers side washer nozzles. The advice in this short video is quite helpful. My driver side washers are now quite effective after living with sub par washers for 3 years. Thanks @Hal2001 for posting.