Model 3

Sneaky VW 422,000 EV/PHEV in 2020

Almost as many battery powered cars as Tesla which only makes battery powered cars.

2021 could see VW hit 1,000,000 EV/PHEV with ID3 and ID4 Evolksagens.

“In 2020, Volkswagen Group Sold 422,100 Plug-In Electric Cars”

https://insideevs.com/news/465956/in-2020-volkswagen-group-sales-plugin-cars/

Comments

• Fishy is present. Public Service Announcement:
    FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
    names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
    take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
    suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
    about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.
    It's quite likely that Fishy is an employee, or number of employees, of a shill farm hired to disrupt the forums and shovel FUD.
    VW is trying, I'll give them that, but they're nowhere near the levels required to make a go of it, not as of yet.
  • what he said ^^^^
  • him too ^^^^
  • > @bpr1de said: > Hybrids are worse for the environment than ICE cars and they serve only to retard the progress of electric vehicles.”

Hybrids have much lower emissions vs. equivalent ICE car. Hybrids and Plug ins are great choices for lowering one’s carbon footprint.
  • Fck admins really. That what you decide to let go without punishment?
  • Everytime I see FishEv post I want to throw up.
  • @WW_Icefree. Reading as my occasional wont over at TMC, I found a link to this place, https://wholemars.net/, with a sort of plea on TMC to give the guy who owns the website a hand.
    Seems that there's this person, Alan Greenspan. You all might have heard of him: He's the guy that claimed that he created Facebook. He extorted Zuckerberg during a fund-raising session.
    What you guys may not know is that Greenspan is apparently either one of the founding members of TeslaQ or is the ringleader. Read the wholemars.net description of the story, but it appears that Greenspan is a major shortseller and vindictive person of the same type as a certain orange-haired guy about to be kicked out of D.C.
    Thing is.. After reading through that thing (took a while) I kept on thinking of Fish and Howard. And wondering if there was a connection.
  • Everybody please, Flag and ignore ! Period.
  • > @bpr1de said: > Hybrids only emit measurably less than ICE when driven short distances.

Uh...no...Ioniq PHEV goes 52 miles on gallon on the highway vs. equivalent ICE of 34 mpg so emissions are reduced 40% on long distance driving.

On short distances which is 80% of average persons driving, trips under 25 miles, it will go all EV and 100+ mpg for a 70% reduction in emissions.

So EV/PHEV, of which VW sold nearly 500,000 in 2020 will cut emissions by 50% or more.
  • And how does this relate specifically to model 3?
  • Can’t just be a coincidence that the longtime trolls are pushing Porsche, VW, and Audi products.
  • Especially with the stock price high. Shorties at work?
  • They promote anything that is not Tesla. Tesla is all Electric car maker vs others they promote.
  • Call me when all this big car makers will be 100% Electric car makers.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > 52 miles on gallon on the highway vs. equivalent ICE of 34 mpg so emissions are reduced 40% on long distance driving.
    >

Stop pushing your Big Oil, anti-environment agenda. You post about gasoline cars here 13.9 times a week, on average, since May ‘2020. You’ve admitted that you once invested heavily in shale oil futures. You’ve been outed; find another forum to try your luck with.

Best,
  • Where are all these VW EV's? Haven't ever seen one! As for hybrids...they still pollute 100% more than a Tesla!
  • Well for about a year the ID.3s were sitting in parking lots while VW tried to make the software work. They got enough of the software to finally work they could sell them, but they are feature limited with future updates to come. None are sold here in the USA as there is no real market for it here.