Model X

No FSD Visualization

I have a 2018 MX.
I later purchased the FSD and was told that no other hardware upgrades were necessary.
I also purchased a 2020 M3, without FSD, for my son.

The MX shows nothing new on the screen, i.e no traffic lights, no speed signs etc
The M3, with no FSD, shows everything!!

What is the problem here? Shouldn't FSD cars have at least the vusualization that non-FSD cars have?

Comments

• 1) Go to controls -> Software and confirm you have FSD. Perhaps it didn't really get activated.
    2) Check the options in Controls-> Autopilot. There are some options like traffic lights that might need to be turned on.
    3) It's unclear if you have MCU1 or MCU2. MCU2 is in 2018 cars that were manufactured around March 2018. Older cars have MCU1. MCU1 does not display everything that an MCU2 vehicle offers. For example, you will not see traffic cones. So there are some visualizations that are different between MCU1 and MCU2 cars. MCU1 does not affect the operation of the car's ability to drive with FSD. All 3/Y have MCU2.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > 1) Go to controls -> Software and confirm you have FSD. Perhaps it didn't really get activated.
    > 2) Check the options in Controls-> Autopilot. There are some options like traffic lights that might need to be turned on.
    > 3) It's unclear if you have MCU1 or MCU2. MCU2 is in 2018 cars that were manufactured around March 2018. Older cars have MCU1. MCU1 does not display everything that an MCU2 vehicle offers. For example, you will not see traffic cones. So there are some visualizations that are different between MCU1 and MCU2 cars. MCU1 does not affect the operation of the car's ability to drive with FSD. All 3/Y have MCU2.

Thank you for the reply.
    Car was delivered in France in Jul 2018. I presume it was manfctured after March 2018. Therefore I must have MCU2.
    Autopililot Computer is 2.5
    FSD package is activated in software.
    There are no unactivated options in Autopilot settings screen and there are no available options like "Traffic Lights".
    I m still puzzled...
  • If you have HW2.5, you have MCU2. The only thing I can think of is FSD features are not fully available yet in France? FSD features are not rolled out at the same time in all countries due to various regulatory and required software differences. Perhaps another french compatriot can jump in with some answers.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > If you have HW2.5, you have MCU2. The only thing I can think of is FSD features are not fully available yet in France? FSD features are not rolled out at the same time in all countries due to various regulatory and required software differences. Perhaps another french compatriot can jump in with some answers.

I think it is unavailable in Europe. There should be a Traffic Sign and Stop Sign Visualization Beta setting. Even if it isn't available, it should be greyed out, saying that your regions doesn't allow the software tp be enabled. If this doesn't show, you may have purchased Enhanced Autopilot instead of FSD?